So im buying an SX bass(the p-bass copy) that im planning on modding and i was wondering if the guitar fetish bass pickups were any good.
http://store.guitarfetish.com/gfsbasspickups.html

ive bought the guitar pickups from GFS and was impressed by them and i want to know if the bass pickups are the same quality.
also any reccomendations for pickups are welcome. thanks.
and would this upgrade be worth the difference from the stock pups
Last edited by sbinlb at Aug 4, 2010,
GFS pups are meh IMO.Very Sterile and have a weird floaty tone to them.

I recommend EMG PA if you want actives as for passives SD Quarter Pound should be good most genres.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Would anyone be able to tell me what pickups would be good on a Jazz Bass if I want to get more of a Steve Harris/Iron Maiden sound?
Quote by IRONDEATH123
Would anyone be able to tell me what pickups would be good on a Jazz Bass if I want to get more of a Steve Harris/Iron Maiden sound?

You would be wanting a Precision bass .
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
I know that I need a P- bass but they are a little pricey, I was just wondering if some different pick ups would help my Jazz bass
Quote by IRONDEATH123
I know that I need a P- bass but they are a little pricey, I was just wondering if some different pick ups would help my Jazz bass

The split single coil is what gives Steve Harris his tone. He also uses SD Quarter Pounds. It'd be pretty difficult to get his tone with a Jazz bass. And P-basses are actually a little cheaper then J-basses.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
Quote by IRONDEATH123

I would suggest either split coil Jazz pickups, like Nordstrand make, or a stacked Jazz pickups.

I don't know though. Putting your blend mainly on the neck pickup is a good place to start.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
This as already been said, but for passive, SD Quarter Pounders will trump most other PASSIVE pickups... As for actives, I have no idea. I don't like them personally so I haven't played em much
USA Fender Precision w/ Badass III + SD 1/4 pounders
MIM Fender Jazz
T21 SansAmp VT Bass
Gallien Krueger MB212