So I'm skimming through the catalogue for the chain store in my area and advertised is an Ibanez ART100 $129. Obviously this guitar is worth much more than that. I've already called the store and they've said it was definitely a typo and will have none of it. Just wondering what peoples rights are in cases like this. Would you push? Threaten legal action until they give it to you? Any opinions welcome
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
A lot of the times they have things in their catalogs that state "We are not responsible for misprints within this pamphlet" so it probably wouldn't hold up. Although I have tried before, and got like a free pack of strings rather then 25$ off, so it wasnt that bad
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
yes, push for it. not to the point where you're annoying.

do something like "i came here and i was ready to buy the guitar. i still might be willing to if you'll be willing to work something out. i was set on this guitar at this price though..."

if they wont hear of it, be prepared to walk away.
Forget it. Nobody is giving you an ART 100 for $129 because the ad designers screwed up, and you aren’t going to browbeat them into doing it.
The problem is that it's a chain store. They don't have to and won't take any shit from anybody. They just don't give a ****, lol.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by User_Name336
yes, push for it. not to the point where you're annoying.

do something like "i came here and i was ready to buy the guitar. i still might be willing to if you'll be willing to work something out. i was set on this guitar at this price though..."

if they wont hear of it, be prepared to walk away.

this is a good point. I would try negotiating with them. Most places will want your business and will be willing to sell for less to make the customer happy so they keep coming back and spend more.
Don't know what the consumer legislation is like in Australia but in the UK, they are heavily stacked towards the consumer.

Even at that though, if it's a genuine mistake, they would have the right not to sell it to you because it's an invitation to treat, not an offer. It's a reasonable assumption that it's a mistake, it would be unreasonable to expect the retailer to sell it at a vastly cheaper price, but good customer service might see them lower the correct price a bit though.

To be honest though, if you've spotted it, someone else will have too bud.
Maybe that typo was intentional? To get y'all in the store?
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
You'll be wasting your time.

But you may be able to take it to another store that says they will beat any printed price.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Don't go in there and threaten legal action... You'll just piss them off and sound like a moron. As was already said, those pamphlets have disclaimers in them for this reason, so you cannot win a suit for false advertising.

I think the best idea said was to say 'I came in here to buy this guitar at this price, but maybe you can work something out with me?' I think they'll give you a damn good deal if you try that, but probably not $129 for it.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by FRr3AkOnALEaSh
I thought Texans saying Y'all was just a stereotype 0.0

Yep, we'd be stereotyped pardner.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+