Ever come across a band that you're afraid to listen to on shuffle because the song's either going to be awesome or horrendous? I put together a list of my top 5 bands that are both great and terrible at the same time:

http://weaponizedwisdom.blogspot.com/2010/08/5-great-bands-that-also-suck.html

Thoughts on my list? What's your list? Am I just an asshole that unreasonably demands perfection?
Check out my ragingly excellent music blog HERE!
Totally with you on DT and CoB. I have Black Clouds and Silver Linings and when I heard 'Tenement Funster' for the first time I sat there and said: "the **** is this?" But I love their stuff I'd say 80% of the time.

My deal with CoB might be the style change the band made from a neoclassical sound to a more....Pantera-ish(?) sound. I actually prefer the new sound to the stuff from Hatebreeder and the older stuff, which has a lot of really sweet technical playing but no feeling or emotion behind it.
Check out my ragingly excellent music blog HERE!
Quote by WeaponizedWisdm
Totally with you on DT and CoB. I have Black Clouds and Silver Linings and when I heard 'Tenement Funster' for the first time I sat there and said: "the **** is this?" But I love their stuff I'd say 80% of the time.

My deal with CoB might be the style change the band made from a neoclassical sound to a more....Pantera-ish(?) sound. I actually prefer the new sound to the stuff from Hatebreeder and the older stuff, which has a lot of really sweet technical playing but no feeling or emotion behind it.

Tenement Funster also happens to be a cover.
Queens of the Stone Age. Mostly genius, occasionally absolutely dreadful.
Dio - they have some awesome stuff, but also some real heavy shit.
U2 - they just suck
Guns N Roses - the real G'N'R had great stuff, but after they split, they suck.
Green Day - they have 2 or 3 genius stuff, but the rest...fail
ZZ Top - stuff like la grange, doubleback, sharp dressed man are great, but that's not actually so good when you listen to it a little longer.
Ooh Black Sabbath have put out some amazing stuff and lots of complete gash.
Quote by LucasGtrGod
Tenement Funster also happens to be a cover.

Which brings me nicely into another band that is awesome and sucks.

Queen made incredible music. Queen II is almost perfect in my eyes and every album has brilliant moments.

But when they're on shuffle...

Body Language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqLyjg-klhE

That's the lowest point but there are plenty of other tracks that just don't live up to their usual standards.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain