Being the little curious cat that I am. I wonder if any of you guys/girls have names for any of your basses. Post a picture of him/her. Share your stories, do whatever.

Currently, I haven't named my Warwick. But soon!...Soon!
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
I haven't come up with a name I've stuck with for any of my electrics but my upright is called Goliath.
Quote by anarkee
I haven't come up with a name I've stuck with for any of my electrics but my upright is called Goliath.

Hahaha, I like that.
Maybe you can name one of your small basses, David.

Bad pun; I apologize.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
I named my upright bass "tank" because everywhere I went Id hit it on doorways, music stands, you name it, I even dropped it and it never went out of tune.
COLOURFUL SIGNATURE

compliment from fellow UGer
The bass I use more than any other is named, Jessie, after a really good friend of mine. My Custom fretless is named after the middle name of my favorite ex-girlfriend, prounounced yen-leeng. I love my basses more than the people their names come from though...
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Mine is called Aicha!

Quote by Victory2134
I love my basses more than the people their names come from though...

Don't worry, you're not the only one!
I don't name my instruments, but my girlfriend came up with her own names for them since bass model names aren't something she cares to learn.

So far there's "the pretty blue one," "the black one," "the fancy wood one," and "the-ugly-as-sin-I-don't-know-why-you-even-bought-it-in-the-first-place....one"
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Curious to know which one the "the-ugly-as-sin-I-don't-know-why-you-even-bought-it-in-the-first-place....one" is.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Quote by Nolanrox
Curious to know which one the "the-ugly-as-sin-I-don't-know-why-you-even-bought-it-in-the-first-place....one" is.

Just so you don't have to dig through the SOYB thread or my profile:

It looks even more shoddy in real life.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Well, it is kind of ugly, no offense. But I like it It looks as if created by a master artist/bassist. Creative, yet grody. lol But how do amps work with that thing, I mean I see the imput and what not, but still? Also, is that fretless?
Last edited by mcwman at Aug 4, 2010,
Yes it is a fretless, made by an artist in Idaho who was into building "functional art." It plays great for being so nasty lookin'.

Come to think of it, it does have a nickname. I sometimes refer to it as my ugly duckling.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Nolanrox

Catchy name.

I don't name my basses, and if I need to explain to someone what one is I just use the colours.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Is that a guitar P-90 as the pickup? Who would ever build that monstrosity?
Fender 5 String Jazz Bass
Fender Precision Bass
Peavey TNT 115
EHX Bass Big Muff Pi
Daneletro Cool Cat OD V2 (excellent pedal)
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Peavey Classic 30
Vox V845 Classic Wah Pedal
^ The housing is similar, but the polepieces are actually spaced for a bass's string spacing. No idea exactly what it is, but it works
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
My ESP B-206SM is named
Exodia, The Judge
or
Angel

My Paul Stanley Apocalypse Special Bass is named
Shattera, Star Destroyer
or
Princess

I understand that they're off the wall, but they're my babies. <3
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
Quote by 6stringbassist
My ESP B-206SM is named
Exodia, The Judge
or
Angel

My Paul Stanley Apocalypse Special Bass is named
Shattera, Star Destroyer
or
Princess

I understand that they're off the wall, but they're my babies. <3

And that's how it should be.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
You will all be seeing my bass very soon...her name is Evolet
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
I call mine "The Fishy." Because a Bass was a fishy first. I want a fish shaped bass.
She is a kinda dinged up, and may not be the best, but she is my bass, and i love her

her name is Lucille

(Invalid img)

http://img714.imageshack.us/i/pict0068qg.jpg/

http://img842.imageshack.us/i/pict0069o.jpg/

sorry the pics came out kinda blurry, the lighting was poor and i had to use flash

EDIT: ok, so thats not how you post an actual picture... oh well. well, while we're on the subject, would someone mind clarifying how?
Gear:

Yamaha RBX 550

Hartke Model 5000

Quote by the humanity
unless you are 21st level, you are not having epic problems.
My Fender Jazz bass is named Paige, so named by my best friend by this train of thought: "There's Fender; Fender has Squiers, and before a squire is a page." So, making it more feminine, her name is Paige.

My G&L L-2500 is named Ginelle, pronounced "guh-nell." When I went to pick it up, my best friend went with me. When we got out to my car, I asked what he though of the "guh-nell" to be funny, and immediately thought that that was the perfect name for it. So, I came up with an actual spelling for it, and there it is.
I call my instruments "the upright", "the sixer", "the old one" and "the guitar".

Not very inventive, I know. The Old One was called Lola, but I never use it anymore.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

There's Dixie, which is a Dixon P-bass copy that I still prefer over every other P-bass out there. Then there's Paula, a much-abused Frankenbass named for one of my friend's mom in an insulting-sort-of-playful-i-really-wanna-hit-that kind of way. Then I have The Fag, a Fernandes Decade guitar. The name is a joke involving Reeves Gabrel, my gay uncle, and the fact that the guitar is shaped similarly to the Fender Jaguar. Last, but definitely not least, is Layla, my goldtop Sakai LP Recording copy. I have had others, such as Jackie Red, Siobhan (pronounced shee-vawn), Jake, another Layla, Pete, and Lucian.
"We are, each of us, angels with but one wing, and only by embracing one another may we fly."- Luciano de Crescenzo

Makes you feel good inside, don't it?
My Ibanez was Issabella. I'm currently letting someone else borrow her to learn on until she gets her own equipment. The person I'm lending her to even refers to her as Issabella, just because that's the only way I talk about her (and yes, I always say "her", never "it").
Quote by herby190
My Ibanez was Issabella. I'm currently letting someone else borrow her to learn on until she gets her own equipment. The person I'm lending her to even refers to her as Issabella, just because that's the only way I talk about her (and yes, I always say "her", never "it").

I do it too. I treat Ginger like she's my daughter.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Probably not a good thing to say since you can slap it, tap it and finger it.

Anyways, my Warwick is named after Nicola from Girls Aloud:

You have a dirty, dirty mind!
But so do I. xD

And I don't slap, tap or finger her.
I just pick on her a lot. =P

I got the name Ginger from:
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
My Peavey Millennium fiver is named Sheena. I just kinda jokingly called it that once, but it stuck, then I thought of the Ramones song Sheena Is a Punk Rocker, so it permanently became her name and any other basses I get I'm going to try to give names of people from songs, I'm planning on maybe a pink one named Yoshimi (Flaming Lips reference) I had some other good ideas in mind but they escape me at the moment.....

This is Michelle. No deep meaning behind the name, I just thought it fitted somehow...
USA Fender Precision w/ Badass III + SD 1/4 pounders
MIM Fender Jazz
T21 SansAmp VT Bass
Gallien Krueger MB212
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Probably not a good thing to say since you can slap it, tap it and finger it.

epic win
Quote by Heilz
When backstage and talkin to the ladies i always go with the ¨Mines is bigger than theirs¨ argument as me bro holds hes guitar and i take out my bass... It works wonders @,@

Gear list:
Squire Affinity P-Bass
Ashdown Mag300 Evo II
Boss ODB-3
I never named mine since my first one wasn't mine

My actual first I tend to think of as "Barb" because there's a tribal inlay that looks a bit like a bad drawing of barbed wire.

I only just got my second, and hadn't really put any thought into naming it yet.