I bought a guitar used, since the model that I bought (Fernandes MG-100X, if anyone's even heard of it) is a ton of money brand new, at least outside my price range. Though when I bought it, the direct mini-switch that originally was wired to a pickup was broken, hence "used", though I bought it with that knowledge.

Now, I believe the correct term is split coil...but...this pickup is two single coil pickups put together to form a humbucker, and the direct mini-switch toggled between using just a single pickup from the split coil, or both as a humbucker (sorry if I'm using incorrect terminology, hopefully you get the general idea).

How would I go about replacing the mini-switch? I'm not all that worried about finding the correct switch, but I'm not all that experienced with modifying guitars and I'm wondering if it's a simple enough job to pull off so I don't have to pay a professional to do it (I'm cheap, I know).

And, if it's simple to rewire, can anyone link/send/message/etc a diagram of how I would set it all up? Thanks in advance for any help or advice!
It should be relatively easy. It sounds like you can solder(?). this diagram should do: http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/WIRING_MOD_HB003/Guitar-Wiring-Mod---HumbuckerCoil-Tap-North-Coil.htmlx

There are other diagrams on that site that you could substitute for various combinations if you so chose.

EDIT:
For future reference the Ultimate Guitar Wiring Thread is the preferred place to post questions like this. Thanks and good luck.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Last edited by wiliscool at Aug 4, 2010,