The time of deciding what I'm to do with my future is drawing closer. Specifically, I'm referring to what I plan on doing as a profession.

I'm somewhat undecided on what I wish to do.

On one hand, I've seriously considered practicing law as a profession. However, recently I've begun to question if I want to be involved in something as, for lack of a better word, kiniving as that.

Alternatively, I've always been interested in diplomatic relations between countries. And while I've always been fascinated by things like espionage and James Bond, I don't think that it would be practical to be actually be a spy or whatever.

However, I would be interested to know of jobs that would combine diplomacy, international relations, legal aspects, and maybe even jobs that actually involve dealing in international law enforcement, or something of that nature.

I plan on getting a degree in political science at the Uni of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

But after that I'd be stumped.

Could anyone here provide me decent information about jobs that would meet my interests and also be reasonable in acquiring. I'd like to be a black-operative, but something tells me that the selective criteria might be a little strict.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

I'd say lawyer.
Like doctors, there's always a need for that profession. So you'll always have work if you try.
High-level law enforcement (FBI, etc)? You get to study law AND do spy-type stuff in a more practical environment, it sounds perfect for you. And because of forced retirement there is always a job market.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Why not CIA? Seriously, consider joining the national guard then major in a foreign language in Uni, or political science. Then apply to the CIA. You might have to fetch coffee for a year or two, but it shouldn't be forever before you start crunching intel.
Maybe I'm wrong, but don't you have to do so much in the military or in law enforcement before you can be even considered eligible for the FBI?
What in the dick is kiniving? Do you mean conniving?

OT, become a professional fapper.
kill all humans
Plus one to CIA and FBI. As I said in another thread, look into the ATF as well. Military experience is a huge plus when looking into these jobs
Quote by dylanfromearth
Why not CIA? Seriously, consider joining the national guard then major in a foreign language in Uni, or political science. Then apply to the CIA. You might have to fetch coffee for a year or two, but it shouldn't be forever before you start crunching intel.

https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportunities/clandestine/core-collector.html

Damn, that's pretty bad ass.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Maybe I'm wrong, but don't you have to do so much in the military or in law enforcement before you can be even considered eligible for the FBI?
To be a field agent, yes. But the FBI also has all sorts of positions available to people with just a college degree. Also, just because a job is difficult to get doesn't mean you shouldn't pursue it.

Also, the FBI's equivalent of SWAT, the Hostage Rescue Team, seems to have the toughest requirements of any job ever. You have to have Field Agent experience, military Special Forces experience, and a college degree. Sounds pretty badass though.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Aug 4, 2010,
Quote by rgrockr
Also, just because a job is difficult to get doesn't mean you shouldn't pursue it.

Absolutely agree.
be a pilot. everyone says they wanna be a pilot when they're kids and then no one ever fucking does it. do what the kid inside you says
Quote by JacobTheMe
Yeah, the movie was complete tat.

Avoid, unless you enjoy ruining things that you enjoy.

You can call me Cam, Cameron, or any other variation
Mortal Enemies with Primus2112
And everybody's singin'la, la la la, la la la
The Secret Service seems like a really fun job. I met up with an agent at a coffee shop last week as I am interested in a career with them. He told me it is not all about protecting candidates and the President, they actually deal a lot with financial fraud and counterfeit currency crimes. You will be stationed in different parts of the country and internationally, so travel is guaranteed.

You make your own schedule and pursue the cases you want, so you have a lot of freedom. Come election time, you will be assigned to protect candidates; that is when things get overwhelming, but when on detail, you get to have casual conversations with the President and other high profile foreign figures on personal levels. According to him it is not hard to get into, you just need to make common sense choices and keep a clean record.

[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Maybe I'm wrong, but don't you have to do so much in the military or in law enforcement before you can be even considered eligible for the FBI?

It will definitely help to have that experience (3-4 years and any bachelors degree is all you need to qualify). You can do that or get a Masters degree. Some colleges also offer internships with federal agencies like the FBI or US Marshals. If interns do well then the agencies will pick them up right after graduation. Federal law enforcement is always hiring, so no need to worry about no job prospects.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Last edited by Soul Power at Aug 4, 2010,
Quote by Soul Power
The Secret Service seems like a really fun job. I met up with an agent at a coffee shop last week as I am interested in a career with them. He told me it is not all about protecting candidates and the President, they actually deal a lot with financial fraud and counterfeit currency crimes. You will be stationed in different parts of the country and internationally, so travel is guaranteed.

You make your own schedule and pursue the cases you want, so you have a lot of freedom. Come election time, you will be assigned to protect candidates; that is when things get overwhelming, but when on detail, you get to have casual conversations with the President and other high profile foreign figures on personal levels. According to him it is not hard to get into, you just need to make common sense choices and keep a clean record.

It will definitely help to have that experience (3-4 years and any bachelors degree is all you need to qualify). You can do that or get a Masters degree. Some colleges also offer internships with federal agencies like the FBI or US Marshals. If interns do well then the agencies will pick them up right after graduation. Federal law enforcement is always hiring, so no need to worry about no job prospects.

That does sound very interesting. Can you explain to me though who get's assigned to guard the actual president all the time though?
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild