So, I am going to be needing a new bass amp for playing live. And well i decided to go big or go home and have been looking for the big boys. Now, i have looked at Ampeg's and they are a very attractive option. However, there is also Markbass which i have always liked the look of. I haven't really heard of any other players using it other than Orion of the amazing Behemoth. I can't really play the bass as i haven't seen it in any stores. So whats the opinion on them?

Heres the stack i want to get... right har

It has pretty much everything im looking for spec wise and well im an Orion fanboy so yeah :P
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"
Fantastic. Markbass makes some of the best amps out there if you have the coin to buy them. Very transparent, very very well put together. If you're in the US, get yourself to a Guitar Center (they carry Markbass) and try it out yourself
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
Fantastic. Markbass makes some of the best amps out there if you have the coin to buy them. Very transparent, very very well put together. If you're in the US, get yourself to a Guitar Center (they carry Markbass) and try it out yourself

Sweet, I haven't been able to get up to Guitar Center recently but now im excited. Of course when i saw they were made in Itally, i was like "omg EUROPES" haha
Seriously beautiful amps - high build quality, wonderful sound, and suprisingly small/light for the power they can put out. That amp is, I think, capable of fitting inside the front pocket of a gig bag, and the speaker can be carried easily in one hand.

Every time I've tried one I've come away disappointed in all other amplifiers. Definitely worth a look.
I've never been impressed with them. I thought they were overpriced for the sound they gave. I think I tried one of the Jeff Berlin signature 210 combo amps at GC once. I thought to myself, wow a 210 combo amp for over a grand, this must be fantastic! I was sorely disappointed with what I heard. Maybe I'll play through some more of their stuff to get a better idea. I do love the way they look!
I own one and I can't say enough good things about them. They're amazing amps, but they're very transparent. If you like a good old school rock sound, they may not be the amp for you. They're a little more modern sounding than that. I definitely would warn against buying one without trying one, because not everyone is going to like them as much as I do.
The music technician (ex session player) at our college recommended markbass to me and i played through some markbass amps down my local store, they are incredible! If i were you id definately get one as you probs cant get much better.

Just wish the logo was a bit better, as it wouldnt look out of place on a digger.

But apart from that they are godly.
hmm, well the main problem seems to be that they are overpriced. Can anyone give me some good examples of good stacks that are a better buy but in the same price range. From a popular website would be nice. Thanks
If you're looking at stuff in the Mark Bass quality territory, you're also looking at Ampeg, Mesa, higher end SWR, Eden, etc. ALL will seem overpriced if you're buying them new from a retail store. This is why it's always easiest to buy used, usually off craigslist.

Markbass is a relatively newer company, and while I've seen lots of Guitar Centers carrying their stuff, they still haven't reached as popular a status as other brands despite (based on a general consensus) being on par with these other brands. They'll be more difficult to find used, but not impossible.
They're not overpriced, they're just expensive. Nice amps usually are. Markbass is great high end stuff, and (new) will run less then Mesa, Eden, or upper end Ampeg.

EDIT: The most affordable alternative to any of the above-mentioned-high-end brands would be Carvin.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
^Yes, thank you. There's a huge difference between expensive and overpriced. Everything you buy is overpriced, but in relation to other products, Markbass are priced exactly where they should be. They are killer amplifiers.
Sweet, I will try going to guitar center to try them out but there is only 1 in my area and that is still a 2 hour drive away so i guess i'll have to just wing it if i can't find it at that guitar center