My god its late. Just passed 2:30. But I cant help but make a new thread. This thing intrigues me.

Does anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-amPlug-AC30-Headphone-Amp-104915269-i1385631.gc

Looks interesting. Looks like it would be great for when I go to college.

Anyone used one or own one or have any input on it?

Im going to bed, btw, Ill check in on it again tomorrow when I wake up about noon
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
No I haven't, but like any other amp like it, it seems more like a novelty item than anything.

Like the Marshall Mini-stack.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Judging by the reviews, it's a steal at $30
Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Quote by Guitarbaddie
No I haven't, but like any other amp like it, it seems more like a novelty item than anything.

Like the Marshall Mini-stack.

Last post...If you check out the clips on youtube it sounds suprisingly well. Check them out tell me what you think?

Goodnight UG.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Can't say I know about the AC30 model, but the Lead or Metal models are quite nice. The Classic Rock one nails the classic rock tone amazingly.

They are a steal at $30, though. They're not great, but they work for practice purposes, especially when it's late. Cheapest practice amp, and pretty decent, I believe.
Amps
Randall RG50TC, Roland Cube 15x

Guitar
LTD MH-100QM, Washburn X12

Effects and Etc.
Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss FV-500H, Ibanez TS7, Ibanez PH7, dbx 31-band EQ, ISP Decimator
Quote by diceksox1809
Last post...If you check out the clips on youtube it sounds suprisingly well. Check them out tell me what you think?

Goodnight UG.

I just looked at a few, seems alright.

For the price I guess you can't go wrong with it.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
first thing i did when i got home after i bought all 3 and played them is hop in my car and return them. dont expect much from it. if anything it is more of a novelty item and it's not for live playing or any thing other then just plugging in and playing with your head phones.
tube amps are like cigarettes, you dont notice much difference at first but once you have used them for awhile your hooked"
Quote by voxAC30TBguy
first thing i did when i got home after i bought all 3 and played them is hop in my car and return them. dont expect much from it. if anything it is more of a novelty item and it's not for live playing or any thing other then just plugging in and playing with your head phones.

Why would you use a headphone amp for live playing?? They are definitely not "novelty items" and are no relation whatsoever to the marshall mini stack as another user claimed. That's just plain wrong.

They are headphone amps. Used for playing guitar when you don't have the luxury of running through a real amp. It's pretty well acknowledged as the best headphone amp for the price. All analog, controls for gain and tone, and even an aux in. No it's not a real amp, it wasn't made to be a fully fledged amp.
I've got one and use it heaps. You'd have to have a pretty good imagination to think you were playing through an AC30 but they are definitely a usable product.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
In a similar, although slightly more expensive vein, there's the Line 6 Pocket Pod which also allows you to use some simple effects. They're $80 or so new but there are several on eBay for cheaper.
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender American Special Strat
Assorted Boss and Hardwire pedals
Vox AC15C1
Quote by voxAC30TBguy

Playing with them live never crossed my mind...But for you guys that have used them...do you recommend them?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I have both the AC30 and Classic rock. I find them to be a bit bright, but they do the job and don't sound bad. I have a Korg PX4 and vastly prefer using it because of the FX and rhythm player.
I have the AC30... Its great for what it is, and what it costs. The guy who said he returned his and all that is a moron. Did you really expect a $30 headphone amp to sound fantastic?

It lets you play guitar through headphones, and lets you control gain level while you do it... That's pretty good for $30. Also you can use it with pedals, fun fun.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
they are as good as your headphones is my experience.

considering one myself.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
They're alright as a gimmick i guess. I got given one as a present the metal one and it was ok but i havent used it much.
What's the gimmick? Why do people keep saying that? They're the opposite of a gimmick; they do exactly what they're made to do and nothing else.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by gregs1020
they are as good as your headphones is my experience.

Very true. At first I thought mine was a piece of junk until I tried it with decent headphones.
I wouldn't call them a gimick either. They are a simple device that allows you to practice quietly and they do that well.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
id rather spend my $30 on a stripper or some good food then buy one of these again.
tube amps are like cigarettes, you dont notice much difference at first but once you have used them for awhile your hooked"
I think im gonna get one. I just dont know which of the 3 to get. Im thinking just the classic one. I dont want the high gain.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by voxAC30TBguy
it's not for live playing or any thing other then just plugging in and playing with your head phones.

God forbid the amp advertised as a headphone amp should work as a headphone amp.

I have an AC30 model, I like it. It's a good headphone amp, decent amount of gain (more than an AC30, for sure, hah) - The heaviest I play is Guns N Roses, and it does alright.
Quote by forsaknazrael

God forbid the amp advertised as a headphone amp should work as a headphone amp.

I have an AC30 model, I like it. It's a good headphone amp, decent amount of gain (more than an AC30, for sure, hah) - The heaviest I play is Guns N Roses, and it does alright.

Will I be able to hear myself over the hitting of strings with headphones on?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Ya it gets very loud, and surprisingly has a good gain range. Cleans are a little flat, obviously, but the OD sounds pretty nice for what it is. Nice crunch sound.

Quote by VoxAC30TBGuy
id rather spend my $30 on a stripper or some good food then buy one of these again.

Good for you. Considering the fact that you said you returned something for doing exactly what its intended to and nothing more, then came on the internet to bash it; say 'hi' to your mom while you're there.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by voxAC30TBguy
it's not for live playing or any thing other then just plugging in and playing with your head phones.

What the hell did you think it was for?

I've got the AC30 one. It's great for what it is. It doesn't sound as good as my AC4TV but for a headphone practice amp it's awesome. Nice and dynamic, but on the AC30 one I have to attack the strings pretty hard to get really good drive. My only real complaint is that the tone control doesn't do much on mine.
Quote by diceksox1809
Will I be able to hear myself over the hitting of strings with headphones on?
With a decent pair of headphones it's fucking deafening.
i'm honestly thinking about getting one of these now, but i kind of want a line 6 pocket pod as well. they actually sell them at best buy for $70 now, which is cheaper than anywhere else i've seen oddly enough
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
Quote by handbanana
i'm honestly thinking about getting one of these now, but i kind of want a line 6 pocket pod as well. they actually sell them at best buy for $70 now, which is cheaper than anywhere else i've seen oddly enough

I want one first so I can do UGs smallest NAD . But I dont have the funds right now Im spending on other things haha
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
yet another reason why you're my favorite poster in the gga forum dicek

i love the creativity we've been seeing with the new amp day threads recently
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Quote by handbanana
yet another reason why you're my favorite poster in the gga forum dicek

i love the creativity we've been seeing with the new amp day threads recently

haha I do what I can

And yeah I loved the Futurama one with the Spider and the magic cream

EDIT: Im going to go play fifa 07 on my xbox. ill be back later tonight...
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Last edited by diceksox1809 at Aug 4, 2010,
here's a question, say i used a headphone switcher, plugged that into an overdrive pedal, then plugged that into the vox, would it work? i mean if it did theoretically you could play it behind a whole pedal board
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Quote by diceksox1809
I want one first so I can do UGs smallest NAD . But I dont have the funds right now Im spending on other things haha

Too late, I've already done a NAD for an AC30 Amplug.

@ handbana. Yes you can run it at the end of your pedal train fine.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Aug 5, 2010,
Quote by handbanana
here's a question, say i used a headphone switcher, plugged that into an overdrive pedal, then plugged that into the vox, would it work? i mean if it did theoretically you could play it behind a whole pedal board

Not theoretically... I do it all the time.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Cathbard
Too late, I've already done a NAD for an AC30 Amplug.

@ handbana. Yes you can run it at the end of your pedal train fine.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

And wow I didnt even think of doing that...sweet deal.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Mother effer. Check out the latest NAD.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I have the AC30 amplug,,, I'll sell it to you if you're looking to buy one. I think I used it maybe three times,, $30 shipped and its yours.
now my question is do I want the rock one or the metal one?

EDIT: after reading the NAD thread, i'll just get the rock one and boost it with an overdrive
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Last edited by handbanana at Aug 5, 2010,
Quote by handbanana
now my question is do I want the rock one or the metal one?

EDIT: after reading the NAD thread, i'll just get the rock one and boost it with an overdrive

... or you could take into account that my video got raped by compression. Either way it's probably a good deal either way. Sorry, Dicek
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by rokket2005
I have the AC30 amplug,,, I'll sell it to you if you're looking to buy one. I think I used it maybe three times,, $30 shipped and its yours.

Give me a few weeks, that may work...Thanks man, Ill add you.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!