hi ive been writing this rock song and have come to a writers block can anyone help

the progression is

verse e, a, e, a, db, f#, b, b+
chorus dbm, f#m, dbm, f#m (i need four more chords that go with this)
bridge (i dont know where to go but it needs to be a 16 bar phrase)
Guitars:American Fender Strat, Gretsch Country Gentleman, American Deluxe Tele, Music Man Axis, Peavey Wolfgang,Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus,SRV Purple Strat, Yngwie Malmsteen Strat, Fender Jaguar, Fender Dick Dale Strat, Rickenbacker 306/12V64
okay, im guessing B+ = b augmented. nice one, less genereic =]

well, i think its something you you write yourself, but if it were my song, id go with

dbm, f#m, dbm, f#m, Bbmaj7, G9, F#(NOT minor, major), F#

to me it sounds good; becuase you go from having F and D change from major to minor, i think this fits. This is a bit more experimental, but whatever, 5th chord rock songs are shite.

But seriously, if I were you, I'd ignore this advise, because A: what ive just suggested is seriously weird for a normal rock song (although I kinda like it), and B: you should write your own stuff, just study what chords are in the song and the scale that song uses =], and youll be able to write much easier.

writers block is a pain and all, but if i were you, id use the above as a VERY rough guideline.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Aug 4, 2010,
on the chorus i added a Bbm and Em but still need a few more ideas
Guitars:American Fender Strat, Gretsch Country Gentleman, American Deluxe Tele, Music Man Axis, Peavey Wolfgang,Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus,SRV Purple Strat, Yngwie Malmsteen Strat, Fender Jaguar, Fender Dick Dale Strat, Rickenbacker 306/12V64
you are in the key of E its not dbminor its c#minor sorry to be nit picky

instead of a B+ try a B7b5

try these chords for the Chorus c#minor-F#(major)-c#minor-F#-G#-A