First of all:
2 humbuckers
4 push pots (2 volume, 2 tone)
1 3-way switch

Pretty basic, except I'd like the tone pots to be wired so that being pulled up switches from regular tone (with a capacitor) to passive overdrive (with a Black Ice circuit; two Schottky rectifies wired in parallel). I'm not sure what I want to do with the volume pots, but it'll probably be something pretty standard like coil taps.
Sounds interesting... what help do you actually need?
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
well, do you have any experience in wiring anything?

cause essentially, the push pull pot is a dpdt (usually, i think). so just wire it like you would to that.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Shouldn't be too complicated. You sound you know what you're talking about.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
A little, just enough to wire things using diagrams but not enough to come up with the diagrams myself. I'm working on it.
I think this should work. Oh and of course if you wanted the ice down, and the regular cap up then just switch the cap and 'ice wires that are on the switch part. This is an interesting idea though. I wonder what it'd sound like in the middle position with one pup distorted and the other not
Attachments:
Two tone.JPG
Last edited by LeviMan_2001 at Aug 4, 2010,
I read this:

Quote by wesmwatson
I think I'll be using active pickups, as well.

and it means

Quote by wesmwatson
First of all:
2 humbuckers
4 push pots (2 volume, 2 tone)
1 3-way switch

Pretty basic, except I'd like the tone pots to be wired so that being pulled up switches from regular tone (with a capacitor) to passive overdrive (with a Black Ice circuit; two Schottky rectifies wired in parallel). I'm not sure what I want to do with the volume pots, but it'll probably be something pretty standard like coil taps.

Also, You'll have to get 25k push pulls for actives, but with them, you cannot do phasing, coil splits, coils in parallel, or pickups in series, so that pretty much kicks all your options out the window, unless you get the splittable EMG's like the 89.

And honestly, I'm not sure how well, or if at all, the black ice will work on actives. I'd imagine it may, and is worth trying, seeing how cheap the diodes are.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
If you ditch the actives for some hot passives then you will have more circuit space, but I don't know how much space you have! Then again, I've never really liked actives...
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by wesmwatson
I think I'll be using active pickups, as well.
1 - go to the GB&C Essential Links thread.

2 - Find the link for the Active Pickups & 18v mod thread. Click it

3 - Read the initial posts. You'll learn what you can do with active pickups and where to find resources like wiring diagrams for them.

4 - If necessary, post any questions in that thread.

5 - ?????????

6 - PROFIT!!!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.