ok title really says it all.

trying to do some tight breakdowns.
really not getting that far at the moment.
need some advice...
i have tried looking for inspiration in bands like
Parkway drive, the Red Shore ect...

i want them to be a lil heavy the pwd.

i prefer playing in drop c, not sure if this is useful.

if you need any more info just ask.

Thanks, Anton
Have a look at pantera, look at what bands out of that hardcore/metalcore/deathcore genre do.

Domination has that sorta epic groove, same with machine head songs
Quote by antonvrg
ok title really says it all.

trying to do some tight breakdowns.
really not getting that far at the moment.
need some advice...
i have tried looking for inspiration in bands like
Parkway drive, the Red Shore ect...

i want them to be a lil heavy the pwd.

i prefer playing in drop c, not sure if this is useful.

if you need any more info just ask.

Thanks, Anton

1. Technique- When you palm mute don't let the string ring at all, give a little more pressure with your palm, and last and most important is to barley pick the string(s). Almost "scratch" it(them) with the pick.

2. If it's patterns your talking about then try this. I learned it from Mark Morton of LOG (sorry if you not a fan but it works). It's called riff farming, basically what you do is just do a straight pattern in any rhythm and randomly (or not randomly) weed out notes. It's helps if you write this down or in Guitar Pro.

Hope it helps.
I pick the low string rather firmly when I'm playing what I think you're referring to as a "tight" breakdown, then mute it with my fretting hand when there is a break.

Otherwise there's another technique, which is the proper way I think, where you strike the top two strings, as if you were playing a chord really fast giving it a more fuller sound.
When playing them, be sure to apply tight palm muting. That will get you that percussive kinda sound you're wanting. When doing this, be sure that you are NOT bending the strings by applying too much pressure from the palm. Practice them with a metronome, that will help you acquire the "tight" sense of timing. A really good way of working on this, is practicing them in an odd-meter style.
Quote by Andrew/WK
noise gate

Agreed.
A noise gate will do wonders for tight "start/stop" rhythms and riffs.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.