I came up with the idea last night... I was thinking how much time I spend on the computer compared to how much time I spend on my guitar. I spend a lot more time on here, Facebook and Youtube than I do playing my guitar so I've decided I'm not going to use the computer at all for a set period of time. At all. This means I'll have to work out everything by ear and seeing as I have nothing else to do, I'm going to be spending a massive amount of time playing my guitar. Anyone else up for it? How long do you think it should last? Personally, to be effective I think it should be 2 to 4 weeks.

Okay: That idea doesn't seem too popular. How about not using tabs or video aids for a month straight? I'm still doing the original plan though...
Last edited by leg end at Aug 4, 2010,
Most people would get bored from that hours of playing guitar without doing nothing else to relax their minds, But if you can do it be sure to take breaks every now and then.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Lol Nah
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Most people would get bored from that hours of playing guitar without doing nothing else to relax their minds, But if you can do it be sure to take breaks every now and then.

Haha, I don't mean play solidly for a month! Just in the time that I'm usually on the PC. That's how all the "great" guitarists learnt. They didn't have tab or internet and all that jazz, that's why there's so many amazing older guitarists and not that many younger ones that are just as good as the older generation were when they were starting out in a band.
Quote by supersac
hey ill do it but ill still use the internet because i can multitask

If you surf the internet while playing guitar you are not 100% focused on guitar which makes practice less efficent.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I think if i stopped using the internet learning songs would take so long that i'd get bored with it. Just because the older people didn't have that advantage doesn't mean that it's bad.
And there are a lot of good young guitarists , just look at the canon rock dude and shunga jung. Older guitarist have had more time to practice.
Give you one day before you need to masturbate then lets watch you come crawling back to your precious internet.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
If you surf the internet while playing guitar you are not 100% focused on guitar which makes practice less efficent.

good point but 50% of 12 hours is still pretty good i think
Quote by supersac
good point but 50% of 12 hours is still pretty good i think

No its pointless,you might as well give 1 hour with 100% focus that is way better then surfing on the web while randomly strumming chords.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Well, yeah my plan was flawed... I need to use the internet to get crickets for my lizard.. So instead, I'm going to practise loads during the day and after 6 I'll maybe use the pc for an hour or so, but not for tabs or any instructional things. I practised the song Nightrain by Guns n Roses solidly today for about 5 or 6 hours and this morning I couldn't play it but now, I can. It needs neatening up a bit but I know it off by heart and can play it in time full speed. Keep on doing that and we'll be going places in no time