Hi!

I've been playing for about 7 months. I know lot's of chords and a few bits of tunes

Where do I go next?

I know should be working on scales or something.
I'm trying to learn the notes on the fretboard.
What scale(s) should I learn first?
How should I learn them?

Thank you.
you should learn the major scale first
learn the intervals and where those fall on the fret board
learn all the pentitonic scales and the root notes within each scale and also how to move the scales up and down the fretboard for different keys. this will start as a basis for basic soloing and improvisation
A good technical knowledge is always useful... studying up on music theory and learning your scales will only help in the long run.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
The pentatonic-, major- and minor scale is what you'll need.

Start out with the pentatonic scale, as that is the scale that all other scales are - sort of - based upon.

It's nice that you're trying to learn the notes on the fretboard, don't give up on that!

Also, find out what the notes for the different basic chords are major/minor triads (i.e. G) and possibly 7th chords aswell (i.e. G7).
The system here is pretty easy to figure out. In a G minor triad (take a barre-grip) the rootnote will in this case be the bassnote - g - the 3rd (which defines whether it's minor or major) will be on the thrid fret on the G-string - a# - and the 5th will be where you put your ringfinger - d.