I managed to spot this over on another forum for what I think was a ridiculously low price.

It's an Ibanez RG470, 2002 I believe. It's been upgraded with an Iron Gear Rolling Mill in the neck and a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge. I've been playing it a bit this morning, and oh my word the neck is gorgeous. I've always liked maple necks, and the Wizard II neck (I think). I love this neck - it's slightly fatter than the Wizard neck on my RG prestige, but plays just as quickly for me and feels slightly easier for chord work. The guitar has a Lo-TRS trem, which apparently is a pretty decent of kit being the Japanese made trem, rather than the Korean Lo-TRS II. However, having read around the web (mostly Jemsite) it should just be a drop in for an OFR.

Onto sounds, the bridge JB is pretty decent. I never really liked the JB in my alder bodied explorer, but this is slightly better, certainly better than the stock pickups in my RG prestige. I think, however, that I will still look at getting some different pickups, although I'm trying to decide which Bareknuckle (Warpig, Nailbomb or Painkiller). The Rolling Mill in the neck is also surprisingly good. It cleans up really nicely through my ENGL, but also gives a really nice warm lead tone. The middle single coil was the one that surprised me the most. I'd always heard single coils were fairly twangy, but this one (the stock S7) is surprisingly full bodied, like a vintage red wine. It actually gave a better tone (to me) for A7X intros, such as Beast and the Harlot, than the Rolling Mill. I think If I go the Bareknuckle route I might throw an Irish Tour or similar in there.

Anyway, more pictures, they're what everyone really wants:

Lo-TRS trem and JB

IronGear Rolling Mill and maple neck with rosewood fretboard

I need to get another stand, but when I do, I'll try and take a family shot.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
I'm not one for the color purple, but this guitar definitely made me rethink that! Congrats dude!
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
don't hold your hopes up for the lo-trs, it may be MIJ takeuchi, but mine was rubbish.

the colour is titanium ice, by the way (in case you want to know). I have one. It's a very nice guitar other than the bridge (and pickups, but yours aren't stock anyway other than the middle one).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
don't hold your hopes up for the lo-trs, it may be MIJ takeuchi, but mine was rubbish.

the colour is titanium ice, by the way (in case you want to know). I have one. It's a very nice guitar other than the bridge (and pickups, but yours aren't stock anyway other than the middle one).

Yeah, everything I've heard says it sucks... Whatever, HNGD!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Bridge pickup isn't F-spaced
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
Cute finish....

Just kidding I actually like it!

HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by Dave_Mc

See, I thought that and had read it, but then over on Jemsite they said it was ok, not great but good enough. It seemed to hold up well enough to a couple of divebombs, so no massive concerns, especially since I don't use it that often. I'm actually thinking of changing the pickups again to some Bareknuckles, perhaps ceramic Painkiller and a Sinner in the middle... Might even be able to get away with the burnt chrome covers on the humbuckers.

I can't remember the exact neck, all I know is that it is different to the Wizard on my RG2620 - so it's the other one lol. I noticed the bridge humbucker wasn't f-spaced, I chuckled to myself.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai
Quote by Hidden Hippo
See, I thought that and had read it, but then over on Jemsite they said it was ok, not great but good enough. It seemed to hold up well enough to a couple of divebombs, so no massive concerns, especially since I don't use it that often. I'm actually thinking of changing the pickups again to some Bareknuckles, perhaps ceramic Painkiller and a Sinner in the middle... Might even be able to get away with the burnt chrome covers on the humbuckers.

I can't remember the exact neck, all I know is that it is different to the Wizard on my RG2620 - so it's the other one lol. I noticed the bridge humbucker wasn't f-spaced, I chuckled to myself.

is it thinner than your 2620?

the 2620 is the super wizard IIRC which is similar to the wizard 2. If it's thinner it's likely to be a plain wizard. Although the name's not really important if it feels good.

HNGD!
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
It's thicker than my 2620 actually - no idea what neck it is. The 2620 is a prestige wizard neck apparently. Oh well, it feels awesome to play
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai
yeah mine held up pretty well for the first few months, then it died. it feels pretty good, but the knife edges seem to be really soft.

mine has a wizard II...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^And let me guess, you STILL haven't put the Gotoh in, have you?
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
what do you think? i mean i don't have a drill or anything to drill out the old studs, and i don't really want to use the old ones because they're kinda shot too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Happy NGD. If you got it cheap enough i'm sure it won't be too much of a problem to swap out the trem
Quote by Dave_Mc
what do you think? i mean i don't have a drill or anything to drill out the old studs, and i don't really want to use the old ones because they're kinda shot too.

Dave, you don't have to drill the old studs out! They pull right out-they're just pressed in! Use a clawhammer to yank 'em out. Besides that, it'd probably take a good tech 20 minutes to do!
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
oh yeah, i mean i know the old ones pull out. but the new ones are bigger, i'd need to drill new holes for them. that's what i meant.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Lemoninfluence
is it thinner than your 2620?

the 2620 is the super wizard IIRC which is similar to the wizard 2. If it's thinner it's likely to be a plain wizard. Although the name's not really important if it feels good.

HNGD!

hmm..the super wizard actually has the same dimensions and the profile of the wizard neck...with a volute in the back..they are actually the necks that were used on Jcustoms around 00'(afaik)

the 2620 has a wizard prestige and as dave said the 470 has a wizard two(which is my favourite ibby neck..I like it more than prestige necks)

anyway HNGD

Quote by archenemyfan
hmm..the super wizard actually has the same dimensions and the profile of the wizard neck...with a volute in the back..they are actually the necks that were used on Jcustoms around 00'(afaik)

the 2620 has a wizard prestige and as dave said the 470 has a wizard two(which is my favourite ibby neck..I like it more than prestige necks)

anyway HNGD

The super wizards where the 3 piece with skunk stripe wizards that where used in late 90s-early 00's RG's. They where as thin as wizards and had no volutes.
Quote by coolstoryangus
The super wizards where the 3 piece with skunk stripe wizards that where used in late 90s-early 00's RG's. They where as thin as wizards and had no volutes.

hmm..not really there were two super wizards

the J custom super wizard was a 3 piece neck with two bubinga stripes and a volute(the one I'm talking about)and the other super wizard(which I assume is the one you're talking about)is the 3 piece neck with one stripe and no volute..which was the neck that was used for most ibanez guitars back then

:cheers"
Quote by archenemyfan
hmm..not really there were two super wizards

the J custom super wizard was a 3 piece neck with two bubinga stripes and a volute(the one I'm talking about)and the other super wizard(which I assume is the one you're talking about)is the 3 piece neck with one stripe and no volute..which was the neck that was used for most ibanez guitars back then

:cheers"

Damn ibanez and there confusing neck names.
The volutes annoy me after getting used to the old ones lol. I don't mind it on other guitars its just on an ibanez i dont expect it to be tehre
Quote by coolstoryangus
Damn ibanez and there confusing neck names.
The volutes annoy me after getting used to the old ones lol. I don't mind it on other guitars its just on an ibanez i dont expect it to be tehre

haha yeah there are about 8 neck names in totally(afaik)
Lol, I have no idea which neck it is, all I know is that it plays amazingly. The bridge is nice and comfortable too when palm muting. Still undecided on the pickups though - it's currently between the ceramic Warpig/Painkiller and the MBK-3.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai