I'm looking for a way to lay the stuff i been writing down so that I dont forget it. what is the way to go here? If i want to record it to my computer what all do I need to do so?
Well you're going to need an interface and recording software first of all. A Line6 TonePort/UX2 is good for beginners because it comes with Pod Farm and is compatible with most recording programs. Then you will need something like Reaper to do your recording.

What gear do you have at the moment?
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Aug 4, 2010,
Get an audio interface. Then you can either buy a mic to mic your amp or line-out straight from your amp to the interface (which to me sounds the worst).

I personally like to use VST amp sims like Pod Farm and Amplitube. It's also a simpler set-up. Just plug your guitar straight in to the interface and download a free DAW like Reaper. I use the Line 6 Toneport UX1 interface since it comes with the Pod Farm VST.

EDIT: yeah...mimicking AxSilentLine here...
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Well you're going to need an interface and recording software first of all. A Line6 TonePort/UX2 is good for beginners because it comes with Pod Farm and is compatible with most recording programs. Then you will need something like Reaper to do your recording.

What gear do you have at the moment?

You can get the Studio GX - same software, the actual box is way cheaper though but it does the exact same job. Buy one of those, download audacity and the MP3 exporter plug in and you have a reasonable guitar recording set up for around $100.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by Horizon215
I'm looking for a way to lay the stuff i been writing down so that I dont forget it. what is the way to go here? If i want to record it to my computer what all do I need to do so?

Hold UP!!! IF you wanna not forget stuff you came up with, write how to play it in guitar pro, or even on a regular piece of paper. Why record?
Quote by Zeletros
Hold UP!!! IF you wanna not forget stuff you came up with, write how to play it in guitar pro, or even on a regular piece of paper. Why record?

Not everyone knows how to write in Tablature
Yeah tabbing works too, but sometime getting the rhythm down correctly is difficult especially in tab, so recording helps you remember exactly how the notes are arranged with rhythm accounted for.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Use a mini recorder or something. I bought an SM57 and not only could I not figure out half the software, but I could never boost the volume.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Quote by teamhex
Use a mini recorder or something. I bought an SM57 and not only could I not figure out half the software, but I could never boost the volume.

What interface were you using? That problem is usually due to a poor mic preamp
When I'm just going to do a riff, song, etc. so I don't forget it...I usually just use my webcam
i just use a computer mic and sony soundforge
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!