Hey guys,

I currently have both GarageBand and Pro Tools (M-Powered) to record with. My problem is the drum progams on the Pro Tools suck something fierce. So I was kind o forced to use GarageBand. Now, that isn't a bad thing, but I would love to actually MIX my songs. So my question is, how do I get the drums I recorded in Garageband to Pro Tools?

Thanks!
Gear:
ZT Lunchbox Amp
Schecter C-1+ Diamond Series
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Digitech Whammy
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
EHX Pocket Metal Muff
EHX Small Stone
EHX Memory Toy
EHX Holy Grail
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
Can you export the drum tracks as .wav files and import them into protools?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
you would have to have each drum on a midi track set to unity gain (ex. kick on track one, snare on track two, etc.) and then mute all but one of the tracks and export it as a wav file and then repeat the process for the remaining tracks. Then in Pro-tools do an Import Audio File and pull each wav file to its own track to mix and process.
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
Are you using the drum loops or the MIDI kits in GarageBand? Regardless, you could export the Garageband file (I think it's called "Share" or something in the menu) as just an audio file of nothing but drums. Then import that file into Pro Tools, and you can chop it up, mix it, edit it, etc., as you please.
"Music Can Change The World Because It Can Change People..." - Bono

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING! SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION AHEAD!

Quote by RHunterGN
My problem is the drum progams on the Pro Tools suck something fierce.

The M-Powered version of Pro Tools comes with BFD Lite which is quite a step up compared to the drums in Garage Band (at least to my ears).
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
Thanks a lot guys. I was able to export. I don't why I didn't think of that sooner. Thanks!

But while I have your attention, How do I make the Bars|Beats Rulers to measure only 1 measure? I only got it down to every 4.
Gear:
ZT Lunchbox Amp
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Digitech Whammy
EHX Pocket Metal Muff
EHX Small Stone
EHX Memory Toy
EHX Holy Grail
Quote by RHunterGN
But while I have your attention, How do I make the Bars|Beats Rulers to measure only 1 measure? I only got it down to every 4.

Are we still talking Pro Tools? Haven't payed much attention to that, and I've used it since 1999, but I suspect that the zoom setting might have something to do with it, much like it does (or did anyway) in Logic.
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
Actually, I figured it out. It was a fairly small button on the extreme left, which is why I couldn't find it. Thanks though!
Gear:
ZT Lunchbox Amp
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Digitech Whammy
EHX Pocket Metal Muff
EHX Small Stone
EHX Memory Toy
EHX Holy Grail
Yeah, Pro Tools is notorious for those little things that when you find it, you either go "duh" or "why the hell is it there...?". But anyways. Glad we were of some help!
"Music Can Change The World Because It Can Change People..." - Bono

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING! SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION AHEAD!