Well I need some new scales to improvise with other than the minor pentatonic. I like Ac/Dc, Iron Maiden, Dio, Def Leppard, Ozzy, and so on. I want to be original and creative but stick to the roots of the music that I like. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
Harmonic Minor, Pentatonic Major, Blues Scale and learn your arpegious.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
I had no idea classic rock was anything but minor pentatonics...
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
... What?

Most western music is either Major, Natural Minor, Harmonic Minor, Melodic Minor, Major Pentatonic and Minor Pentatonic. Oh, and modes. I'd suggest modes.

There are no other magical scales, unless you get into "odder" music, in which case, I'm going to bet you won't like them because they're very different and not as... melodic as western music is to most people.

My only suggestion (besides modes) would be something like a Whole Tone Scale.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whole_tone_scale

It is built using only whole steps. So for C it'd be C D E F# G# A # C

But with rock music, you really don't see many stray out into more interesting scales... Sorry.
Quote by angusyoung12345
Well I need some new scales to improvise with other than the minor pentatonic. I like Ac/Dc, Iron Maiden, Dio, Def Leppard, Ozzy, and so on. I want to be original and creative but stick to the roots of the music that I like. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Then all you want to be using is the major and natural minor scales and their pentatonic equivalents, that really is all you ned.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
sorry if its unclear what im trying to say. Im not even sure what im trying to say. I guess I was just asking for scales that will sound good with the music that i like if, if there is even such thing.
Well, that is the thing. Your style of music is incredibly defined by the pentatonic scale. It's very simplistic.
This isn't a bad thing, mind you, but it is very limiting.

Play what you find enjoyable, but stylistically, rock doesn't use any other scales, really.
Stick with Minor Pentatonic for the most part.

Angus Young's solo's are almost all in Minor Pentatonic save a very select few. His earlier solo's (pre Brian) are actually great building blocks for beginner soloing
Pentatonics, major scale, minor scale.

That being said, it's really more how they're using the scale than it is the scale itself.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Who's going to stop you? The music police?