Wondering if the pit had anyone in this field and knows what degree to get that would go with this area. I ask only because I've found that there really is no networking degree. I was thinking computer science but also maybe something with management as well.

I already know about getting multiple certificates(Cisco, Network+ and so on). Any other tips or pointers would be appreciated thanks.
A computer science degree should be able to land you an IT job pretty easily. If you plan on doing research in the networking field, then you might need more than a BS.
Informatics Engineering > Computer Science.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I do computer science at aberystwyth but i've changed to Business IT now. Basically, its just the same, but you don't do any programming and you focus more on business application of IT and how to do shit like networking and such.

So there you go. Business IT is the way forward
Quote by Rocker007
Blackrat has won this thread. That is an awsome post.

This was posted right after I posted said post in a completely different thread... Whups.

"There are 3 types of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't."
Quote by Black Rat 1214
I do computer science at aberystwyth but i've changed to Business IT now. Basically, its just the same, but you don't do any programming and you focus more on business application of IT and how to do shit like networking and such.

So there you go. Business IT is the way forward

I figured that Business IT related degree would be more practical. From what I've seen a lot of companies find it a big plus to be business savvy now a days. Things like management, projection, cost factors, and so on.