Page 1 of 2
I saw a local progressive rock band (no no not like DT, more like Rush-meets-King Crimson, played really really fast... myspace.com/thisisradiation) and they pretty much were the most high energy band I've ever seen. And it was the best show I'd ever been to, to date.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Also, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMscc9ao04s

I don't care if you hate that band, that's one kickass performance.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
chiodos always always play a kick ass show. So energetic.
But more recently i saw Every Time I Die and Sum 41 at warped. both had a great amount of energy and played awesome shows.
ETID did a crawl of death haha
Gibson RawPower SG 2009 (Zales)
Gibson Hummingbird 70's? (Amy)
Jet City JCA 20 Watt Combo
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
This guy wins hands down, especially this performance. He puts more into it then anyone I've seen, not to mention the fact that he is in a wheelchair. Click here
Metallica was extremely high-energy. Especially when they played Seek & Destroy as the encore, the place was electric. One of my favorite memories.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Guns N Roses Live at the Ritz '88

AWESOME performance. The band were on fire. The Axl Project has got nothin' on the ol' Guns n Roses NOTHIN'!
Last edited by leg end at Aug 4, 2010,
Iron Maiden
FFDP
KSE
Rise to Remain
Machine Head
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I was going to list At the Drive-In. Then I was happy to see that you put it for me. Though, I would have put one of their other performances cause I don't like it when they play One Armed Scissor live.

Quote by Ghefly
Check out the mars volta's live performances. Even better.

I think all their high energy performances were pre-Frances the Mute. And back then, they just did a ton of noise jamming, and Cedric would sing things strangely, so I never liked any of their old performances. Then for awhile they stopped bouncing around so much and played the music much better. Now they have an awesome blend of the two. Who doesn't love seeing Cedric do a handstand on the drumset?

Except Thomas Pridgen. That guy always went nuts. I think it's part of the reason he was fired.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Aug 4, 2010,
The Mars Volta
Municipal Waste
Gojira
Napalm Death

Only bands I can speak of from experience, most other shows I've been to can't compare to those guys.
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
TS...That is quite possibly the worst music I've ever heard.
Idk; I personally found it pretty grunge.
^ At The Drive IN is exactly a really great band, that was super duper sloppy lol but they did bring the energy, supposedly they weren't too happy with something going on with Jools Holand so decided to give the show the middle finger.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
TS...That is quite possibly the worst music I've ever heard.

If you are talking about At The Drive In, then you should probably not talk shit about one of the most influential bands of the last decade for the post-hardcore/alternative "scene".
I came in to this thread ready to post at the drive in, but TS beat me to it.

Anyways I saw Sonic Youth last week and they were pretty energetic for 50 year olds.

Also, Converge and every other hardcore band ever.
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
^ At The Drive IN is exactly a really great band, that was super duper sloppy lol but they did bring the energy, supposedly they weren't too happy with something going on with Jools Holand so decided to give the show the middle finger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n4dfFOkvfE

This is much better, of course.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by the1
If you are talking about At The Drive In, then you should probably not talk shit about one of the most influential bands of the last decade for the post-hardcore/alternative "scene".

Sorry...But, looking at that video, presuming that was the only thing you have ever seen by them, what would you think?

Probably exactly the same as me.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
Sorry...But, looking at that video, presuming that was the only thing you have ever seen by them, what would you think?

I agree completely. I've never seen a decent version of One Armed Scissor played live. I dunno why that one was posted.
Quote by vintage x metal

Scorpions. I saw them last Sunday night. Klaus is like 60 years old and he was singing while standing on top of Rudolph and Uli's legs.
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone

I will admit that I have never heard them before. Heard of them, not known anything about them.

I liked it. I'm jus' sayin'... broaden your mind >__> at least try to understand what you hate.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
EDIT: ^ I know exactly what I hate about it, and I have a pretty broad music taste. I like almost everything apart from pop and jazz. (Obviously, in those genres there are exceptions, but I'm talking generally.)

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I agree completely. I've never seen a decent version of One Armed Scissor played live. I dunno why that one was posted.

Sure, they might be a good band, but that's the only thing I've ever heard by them...And, it was shit.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Last edited by LezPaulEpiphone at Aug 4, 2010,
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I will admit that I have never heard them before. Heard of them, not known anything about them.

I liked it. I'm jus' sayin'... broaden your mind >__> at least try to understand what you hate.

It's probably because they were really sloppy when they played it and they were usually so off their heads on drugs, Cedric forgot what he was singing. And occasionally they get really preoccupied with being energetic on stage, and they don't play as well. I think that he's probably the kind of person, who if he's going to like ATD-I, he'd have to listen to Vaya or Relationship of Command, and then be able to appreciate the videos.
Quote by vintage x metal

Either way it was about their energy, not sound
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Jade and Hunter are always amazing live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM-A5SaF6gY
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Muse - Glasto 2004
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
EDIT: ^ I know exactly what I hate about it, and I have a pretty broad music taste. I like almost everything apart from pop and jazz. (Obviously, in those genres there are exceptions, but I'm talking generally.)

Sure, they might be a good band, but that's the only thing I've ever heard by them...And, it was shit.

...You are completely ignorant to the fact that At the Drive-In was completely influential and completely owns. I hope Cedric shits on you while you sleep.
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
Quote by Ir a+infinitive
...You are completely ignorant to the fact that At the Drive-In was completely influential and completely owns. I hope Cedric shits on you while you sleep.

Dude...Opinion, seriously.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by herby190
What is wrong with that man?

I think the real question is what is wrong with you?

Tye Zamora
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
inb4 your mum..

and i watched one At The Drive In video where the lead singer dude. called everyone at the show a sheep for liking the band...

that guys an idiot.... it's cool to not like them...
i'm Ginger its fun
Page 1 of 2