Hey there!
I am thinking of purchasing a new guitar soon and I came across these two strats on the net:

Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster:
http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Squier-Classic-Vibe-Stratocaster-50s,-White~ID~11376.asp

Fender Standard Stratocaster:
http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-2009-(Upgrade)---White-MN~ID~10420.asp

I've read reviews on the net and they say that the Squier is the better of the two guitars but I'm really not too sure. I want to go and try them both out but there is no guitar stores that have them in stock or are willing to get some which is a real shame. The Squier is Made in China which threw me off straight away, and the Fender is Made in Mexico but I've heard thats not too good either. Which one would you go for? Has any body had any past experiences with these guitars?

I've got to say the Squier is the better looking guitar but I'm really concentrating on the sound at the moment. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
are you willing to look into other brands? you can pick up a tokai gs100 for around £350, it's basically a strat with a wilkinson trem and slightly modified pickguard shape. I haven't tried that exact model, but the MIJ tokais I have tried have been great, and Tokai made some of the CIJ Fenders for a while there, if that tells you anything.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i would go for the fender simply because the mexican made guitars are higher quality than the chinese ones (there really arent any issues, its more a case of good vs. better than good). plus the fender is liable to have better electronics and woods
actually i think the pickups on the classic vibes are meant to be better than the (horrible) pickups on the mexican standards. I say that without having tried the classic vibes, though, just they're meant to be toneriders on the classic vibes (or at least, made in the tonerider factory). but the electronics, pots etc. are likely better on the MIM, and the wood etc. might be too.

^^ there's a couple of places that have them in stock, but not many as I think tokai has reverted to closer fender copies, since they've now stopped making the CIJ Fenders.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You have two of basically the same thread...you may want to delete one of them.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
if i were u i would get a used standard strat if ur thinking money wise. i hav one and it plays great and sounds great
Fender Standard Strat MIM->Crybaby Wah->Digitech Bad Monkey->Expandora EXP-2000->Peavey Vypr 30/Peavey Classic 20

"The future is unwritten,"-Joe Strummer