Hey All

First post here!

I'm Dave H, and I play guitar in a melodic HC band from the UK called The Departed (think Bane, CBK, Champion, Sinking Ships, etc but with HUGE breakdowns!).

We're just about to release our 3rd CD, entitled "Remnants", which is a 7-track EP, so I thought I'd try and spread the word a bit!

You can check us out here: www.myspace.com/thedepartedgyhc

And you can get a FREE 3-track sampler of our upcoming EP "Remnants" here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K1PTVTH0

Also, you can download our 2 previous CDs for FREE here:

This Is What We Know (2009) - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T5T53BCC

Bad Luck Records Demo (2007) - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=75YEATOG

Please, if you like what you hear, feel free to spread these to blogspots, your friends, family or anyone else you fancy!

Cheers for reading!

Dave H

The Departed
Hey man. I'll check you guys out, cos this sounds like something I'd love. But just a pointer - this should really be in the Hardcore Promote Your Band Thread, and/or in the Promote Your Band forum.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
i like it.
"If the good die young, we'll fucking live forever"

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital Warts > What Separates Me From You

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital warts, what separates me from you
A 7 track EP? That just sounds like you were too lazy to write 3 more songs.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
A 7 track EP? That just sounds like you were too lazy to write 3 more songs.

You're never happy are you?

Personally I'd rather have 7 good tracks on their own than 3 extra mediocre ones that don't fit. Quality over quantity.

EDIT: Back OT, this shit rules.

EDITEDIT: Dave, in the pic on the MySpace page you look a bit like the drummer from the Ghost Inside. Just thought I'd point that out.
Last edited by asator at Aug 5, 2010,
Asator: Cheers mate, I didn't actually notice that forum haha! :s Mods, feel free to move it to the correct place! PS - Thanks for the kind words, glad you like it! Same goes to you, thesceneislame!

Nashawa: We already did a 10-track CDLP before this one, and a 7-track demo, so y'know... :p Besides, we just wanted to hurry up and get our latest songs recorded and released, cos we think it's the best stuff we've done yet If you take the time to listen, let us know what you think...

Cheers

Dave H
Quote by Dave Departed
Asator: Cheers mate, I didn't actually notice that forum haha! :s Mods, feel free to move it to the correct place! PS - Thanks for the kind words, glad you like it! Same goes to you, thesceneislame!

Nashawa: We already did a 10-track CDLP before this one, and a 7-track demo, so y'know... :p Besides, we just wanted to hurry up and get our latest songs recorded and released, cos we think it's the best stuff we've done yet If you take the time to listen, let us know what you think...

Cheers

Dave H

Yeah, I listened to it, I'm not trying to put down your band, because I enjoy the tunes, I just don't know anyone who puts out 7 track EPs.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
Yeah, I listened to it, I'm not trying to put down your band, because I enjoy the tunes, I just don't know anyone who puts out 7 track EPs.

Well, the demo was originally only meant to be 4 tracks, but we managed to record our entire set in 1 day, so we thought **** it, and made it effectively an EP. 7 songs for a quid can't be bad, right??

And as for the new EP, well I always understood that if it was less than 10 or so tracks, it was classed as an EP?

Either way, cheers for listening and glad you enjoyed it!
I usually subscribe to the train of thought that it's 5 or less for an EP, but no matter, just keep making good music and I'll be happy.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by Dave Departed
Well, the demo was originally only meant to be 4 tracks, but we managed to record our entire set in 1 day, so we thought **** it, and made it effectively an EP. 7 songs for a quid can't be bad, right??

And as for the new EP, well I always understood that if it was less than 10 or so tracks, it was classed as an EP?

Either way, cheers for listening and glad you enjoyed it!

Some people use "mini album" and stuff. Personally, I don't really think it makes that much difference
Cheers for the feedback lads, much appreciated

Yeah, I guess it's not important really. We already started writing our next record anyway, haha! Haven't even released this one properly yet!
We'd love nothing more than a Canada/US tour mate, believe me haha!

Maybe next year we could sort something out. We're on our 2nd Euro tour this year in Sept, so money's tight lol.

Do you US/Canadian guys have any contacts for decent DIY labels over there that may be interested in putting us out? That way, we might be able to talk them into helping organise a tour for us!

PS - Do you have any links for those bands, mate? I'll check em out!
Wow Dave, this is a great band you've got going. I could try and help you guys out in the event that you come to the US.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
Cheers, SeveredSurvival! Gonna have a listen now!

Thanks Floyd, and everyone else for the positive comments. Made my day, seeing as I write most of our music haha!

I will certainly speak to you guys later on in the year, see if we can't sort something out for 2011...
Whoah, Constrained are actually amazing!! Cheers for the link, REALLY good!!

Oh, also... Cheeky plug for my mate's band - Get on this if you like heavy stuff like Bury Your Dead, Acacia Strain, etc:

Demoraliser - www.myspace.com/demoraliser

They have a free 7-track EP to download too!!
Quote by Dave Departed

They have a free 7-track EP to download too!!

Awesome.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
making threads for your own band is against the rules
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
Quote by NosralTserrof
Really good. i'm not a fan of the vocals however.

Thanks mate, appreciated. Fair enough on the vox, we understand they're not to everyone's taste haha!