let say im doing a pretty progressive-influenced metal song and i kinda want the song to have 2 major sub divisions

and ive made stuff in order to make it get the feel, rhythm signature change, tempo change, feel change

and i want to do a key change as well, in order to make this subdivision stronger.

So is changing to the parallel key musically correct???

i know changing to the relative minor is the best option, but is the parallel key a good option as well? if not, what are other good options?
Quote by actaderock
let say im doing a pretty progressive-influenced metal song and i kinda want the song to have 2 major sub divisions

and ive made stuff in order to make it get the feel, rhythm signature change, tempo change, feel change

and i want to do a key change as well, in order to make this subdivision stronger.

So is changing to the parallel key musically correct???

i know changing to the relative minor is the best option, but is the parallel key a good option as well? if not, what are other good options?

Why wouldn't it be? If you can answer that, then I consider you a better theorist than I and everyone in here.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Why wouldn't it be? If you can answer that, then I consider you a better theorist than I and everyone in here.

im not saying im a better theorist, actually i think you know im a complete noob, im so noob that i didnt know it sounded ''right''

so you might say ''if it sounds right to you then why do you ask''?

well it is because lots of things sound ''right'' to me when to a lot of people sound wrong or not wrong, maybe just ''weird''
Quote by actaderock
im not saying im a better theorist, actually i think you know im a complete noob, im so noob that i didnt know it sounded ''right''

so you might say ''if it sounds right to you then why do you ask''?

well it is because lots of things sound ''right'' to me when to a lot of people sound wrong or not wrong, maybe just ''weird''

I wasn't saying you were a great theorist. I wasn't even saying I was. I was saying that if you could answer "Why couldn't you?" then you were a better theorist than everyone here.

If you can make the key change smooth, you could change to the tritone if you want. That's MUCH weirder than a parallel key change. Which are very common, and perfectly acceptable.