So my friend and I were filming something and we each used our camera. Since I was the main editor, I asked to borrow his memory card so I could upload the clips we have. Well, after I finished I gave it back to him and that was that. This was a week ago.

However, he called me today and told me that he had recorded a movie and when he uploaded the movie onto his computer, it was only the sound and wasn't showing any video at all. Does anyone know why this happened?
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
No its a digital camera with no lens so that cant be it
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Could be anywhere in the chain from the light getting to the CCD (the digital version of "film") inside the camera - which could be caused by a lens cap being left on - to a software problem at the end of the line on the system he is using to edit the movie.

Perhaps one is in a different format, for instance WMV files play audio but no video on a Mac.

Is he using a Mac?

That would be my guess. Probably a software compatibility issue. If it was a problem with the memory card itself then the audio would be corrupted, too. There's like a one in a trillion chance the right bits were screwed up that allowed the audio to come through but not the video.

Try it on a different machine. If he's got it on Mac, try a Windows machine.

Or you could always Google a question "video not working on (insert manufacturer product info here)" and ask people on a forum who have a clue!

That generally works for me. UG is my last choice.

I come here if I want to waste time talking with other total cretins.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."