This doesn't just apply to metal, but in metal I think it's more common.

I really all the guys from Cynic, but I can't stand Cynic itself.

I really like Aghora which has had various members from Cynic.

I also like Exivious which also has members from Cynic.

I also like Chris Broderick in Nevermore, but not in Megadeth.

Discuss.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Last edited by Dream Floyd at Aug 4, 2010,
Did Broderick actually play on an album?

EDIT: Nevermore, that is.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by ctfod at Aug 4, 2010,
Love them, as in make love to them? Its the only explanation I could think of in this instance.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Mikael Akerfeld or whatever the heck his name is from Opeth seems like a cool dude but I'm not a fan of the music....

I like Porcelain Heart
Quote by Stranglehold
Love them, as in make love to them? Its the only explanation I could think of in this instance.

No like bands you would go to a concert of... if concert tickets were 100$.
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Dave Lombardo from Slayer

I don't hate Slayer, just don't like 'em much but he's easily the most talented member
Quote by andyscoot
You'd pay $100 to see Cynic just because you think they're nice guys?

No, I'd pay 100$ to see the members of Cynic in the other bands I mentioned at their respective concerts. I'd pay 100$ to see Nevermore with Broderick, but I wouldn't wanna see Megadeth.
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
Quote by Dream Floyd
No, I'd pay 100$ to see the members of Cynic in the other bands I mentioned at their respective concerts. I'd pay 100$ to see Nevermore with Broderick, but I wouldn't wanna see Megadeth.

Sounds like we're back to that makin' love thing...
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Quote by mrcrono
I've always kinda liked the drummer from Fall Out Boy

This. He's actually a damn good drummer, he never got to play at his best in FOB.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
I've always thought that Jeff Hughell was a pretty sick bassist, but Brain Drill are one of the worst bands I've ever heard. His bass parts were the only redeeming quality they had.
So wait, you're saying you're a fan of Chris Broderick, but when he went to Megadave, you stopped liking him? are you serious?
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Quote by Helloween4Ever
So wait, you're saying you're a fan of Chris Broderick, but when he went to Megadave, you stopped liking him? are you serious?

... yeah
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
This thread is going to be good
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.

I hate this guy.
Quote by PwarDuex
your name is about as funny as a burning orphanage

Quote by fumb duck

I hate this guy.

Which is why I like Chris Broderick but not Megadeth. Plus his stuff seems a bit less... awesome than his stuff with Nevermore...
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
Quote by IronMaiden5
I was not aware that Chris ever recorded with Nevermore...

He didn't, but he was with them some of the time on the 'Year of the Voyager'.
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
Yeah, didn't think he did. You can't really say his stuff with Nevermore was better when he didn't write any of it and he was playing some one else's parts.
Quote by IronMaiden5
Yeah, didn't think he did. You can't really say his stuff with Nevermore was better when he didn't write any of it and he was playing some one else's parts.

But he still played them. The fact that he played show's he has a bit more... interesting tastes than Megadeth.
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
Quote by Dream Floyd
But he still played them. The fact that he played show's he has a bit more... interesting tastes than Megadeth.

What kind of arguement is that? His time in Nevermore did hardly anything to showcase Broderick in any other context than a very good hired gun.
What you hear of him in Megadeth is what he wrote. If you prefer Broderick to stay nothing but a live member who has no say in the creative process, then that's gotta be a terrible foundation for your little boy crush on him.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by IronMaiden5
I've always thought that Jeff Hughell was a pretty sick bassist, but Brain Drill are one of the worst bands I've ever heard. His bass parts were the only redeeming quality they had.
If by "redeeming quality" you mean he's basically just playing guitar on bass, you would be correct.
Quote by Dream Floyd
I'd pay 100$ to see Nevermore with Broderick, but I wouldn't wanna see Megadeth.

100$ to see him play someone else's solos/guitar parts.
If someone is in a band I don't like or "hate" then they don't deserved to be loved.

Also, Chris Broderick was at his best in Jag Panzer. Nevermore needn't be mentioned.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
I love all the members of N-Dubz, especially Dappy, despite the fact listening to their music causes brain hemorrhaging comparable to a night out in Parkhead wearing a Rangers top and playing a flute.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Carl6661
This. He's actually a damn good drummer, he never got to play at his best in FOB.

he actually played in a good metalcore band before he joined fall out boy
I drink your milkshake.
Quote by SeveredSurvival
he actually played in a good metalcore band before he joined fall out boy
Oxymoron?
Quote by eazy-c
I love all the members of N-Dubz, especially Dappy, despite the fact listening to their music causes brain hemorrhaging comparable to a night out in Parkhead wearing a Rangers top and playing a flute.

You should see my half rangers, half celtic top. It's worn with a black and white striped referee vest underneath.

I call it the suicide shirt.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Last edited by Phill-Rock at Aug 5, 2010,
Quote by Phill-Rock
Oxymoron?

You should see my half rangers, half celtic top. It's worn with a black and white striped referee vest underneath.

I would so sig this "

I call it the suicide shirt"

But I don't know how

Sam totman and herman Li.

Don't like the band but they are cool dudes.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Phill-Rock
Oxymoron?

Since when have you been back, jerk?
Since when did you leave the Deathcore thread?
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Is that a natural reaction or has Deady put a sheeny curse on the place?
Quote by ChemicalFire
Quote by Magero
Since when have you been back, jerk?

I just occasionally drop in to insult a few people, make a bad joke, read over some DM and BM threads without posting so no one realises I'm not a big lovable softie, then depart into the night.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Quote by Steve08
If by "redeeming quality" you mean he's basically just playing guitar on bass, you would be correct.

Not really. The bass lines in Brain Drill don't necessarily follow the guitar all the time and they do have some pretty interesting bass fills, but the rest of the band is horrible.