I'm new to bass, and I've heard bad things about the spider series of guitar amps from L6. Are the Lowdown amps bad as well? Thanks
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Use peavey or ashdown amps. My big brother plays bass and he uses an ashdown.
The lowdown amps are probably decent starters, even though you could probably pick up a laney for the same price as an effects full lowdown. Which is probably better.
there not horrendous, i have a 15 w line 6 low down which is alright for a practice amp, never had any faults with it and you can get a ok sound on it.

i would never buy the bigger line 6 amps because there's way better brands when your looking for a gig amp.
Shamone
Like it says in the Bass FAQ, the only bad brand to avoid is Behringer. Line 6 do make some good amps, however these good amps are always the more expensive ones.

However I agree with most people on here buy an Ashdown, My starter amp was a 2x10 Ashdown rig for £100 and I really cannot fault the thing I just wish the speakers were a bit bigger!
Gear:

Ibanez SR700
Ibanez GSR200
Yamaha RGX 121Z

Peavey Tour series 450 Head + Peavey 410 TVX Cab
VOX ADVT15

Line 6: Guitarport
Line 6 is fine. The Low Down's are actually pretty decent. There are other similarly priced amps I would spend my money on, but Line 6's bass stuff isn't half bad at all.

People need to realize that Line 6 isn't a bad company, despite the reputation of the Spiders. I mean, Line 6 ain't Markbass, but it ain't Behringer either.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
you could probably pick up a laney for the same price as an effects full lowdown
Quote by kinah16
*spam*

I'm onto you *reported*
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
As the owner of a Lowdown 175 line 6 shiny piece of crap I'd advise against getting one. However, they are infinitely greater than similiarly priced behringers. I'd say that line 6 was decent if they didn't riddle their amps with settings that make your bass playing sound like an elephant farting.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
the lowdown bass amps are great for the price! way better than the horrible spider amps! the line 6 lowdown 110, you can't get a better bass amp at that price!