Hey there!
I am thinking of purchasing a new guitar soon and I came across these two strats on the net:

Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster:
http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product...te~ID~11376.asp

Fender Standard Stratocaster:
http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product...MN~ID~10420.asp

I've read reviews on the net and they say that the Squier is the better of the two guitars but I'm really not too sure. I want to go and try them both out but there is no guitar stores that have them in stock or are willing to get some which is a real shame. The Squier is Made in China which threw me off straight away, and the Fender is Made in Mexico but I've heard thats not too good either. Which one would you go for? Has any body had any past experiences with these guitars?

I've got to say the Squier is the better looking guitar but I'm really concentrating on the sound at the moment. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
I hear that the Squier is outstanding for it's price, and the Mexican Standards are decent. With some upgrades (locking tuners, graphite nut, possibly graphite saddle pieces, new pickups) the Squier is supposed to be perfect. Most people seem to think that the very same upgrades are necessary for the MiM Fenders, too.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by CharlieSlyster
Which one would you choose? I can't seem to find any in music shops

You can't find a fender mim in a music shop?
Used deluxe players strat.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
No the music shops near me are bloody awful! All they seem to sell are Ashtons and Encores :')
Quote by CharlieSlyster
No the music shops near me are bloody awful! All they seem to sell are Ashtons and Encores :')

Wow, a UK version of my local shop!

Well MIM standards aren't that bad, but one of the guys above me said there's room for upgrade. The Classic Vibe I haven't played but I have heard extremely good things about it. So they really are probably pretty even on quality and sound wise.
The wise thing to do would be to play them but since your local shops suck, Watch demos on youtube? That's how I ultimately decided to get my Telecaster Deluxe.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Haha! Thanks for the advice you've been a great help! I just wish I was able to afford a guitar like yours
Quote by CharlieSlyster
Haha! Thanks for the advice you've been a great help! I just wish I was able to afford a guitar like yours

Is there no way for you to commute into denmark street or something? Since you're near london.
I suppose I could but I'm really busy over the next few weeks and don't really have the time
Quote by CharlieSlyster

No problem! I've had my Tele for a little over a year now and it's MIM, and I bought it before the price drop so i paid around $1000 for it, saved for over 2 years and it was worth every penny.

OT: I did a bit of research for you and my opinion, the Classic Vibe sounds a bit better than the MIM Standard. From what I found, it's a pretty solid and well built for a Squier For the money I would probably go with the Classic Vibe. The Strat or the Tele in the series bouth sound amazing.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Ok I think I'm going to take your advice and get the Squier. If I really don't like it I will just send it back. Once again thanks for the help.
Guitar is a good musical instrument. I like electronic guitar. I have Gibson SG guitars Epiphone G-310 SG guitar. It is so nice guitar. My friend has Yamaha PAC012DLX Pacifica Series HSS Deluxe guitar. Both guitar is best. You can also visited your nearest music instrument shop.