I'm aware I'll probably get destroyed for even asking such a question, but every law the US has or tries to implement or wont even discuss changing, is a complete contradiction of philosophies. I'm an American, so please dont think its someone from a foreign country commenting on things from a far. Just please think about what I am saying fully before burning me at the stake here.

Today I read a story about the California gay-marriage ban being overruled by a surpeme court judge, saying that it was unconstitional to ban it(no this is not a post about gay marriage, its about everything, this is just what i am starting with). The US always claims stuff about our forefathers, what they wrote in the constitution, how we have to uphold what they setout. It is there biggest cry when saying that banning guns is unconstitutional, "It's the second amendment, you cant change that" even though the whole point of the second amendment was to allow people to arm themselves because there was a military presence throughout the country, the second amendenment was certainly not put in place to give people the right to buy automatic weapons or carry handguns, yet what is an obvious problem they wont change because they have to hold to what the forefathers said.

Now back thinking about gay-marriage in the same breath, our forefathers were the ones who put "In God We Trust" on our money, "One Nation Under God," etc...(no this isnt a regilious thing, its just to illustrate the countries contradiction). The US, has been backing away from the GOD stuff, taking it out of the pledge of alliance, although its still on our money. And since the US is supposed to be a democracy, and much much much more the half of the country believes in God, why is it ok for them to not follow that aspect of what the forefathers setup, but its ok to hide behind them when people talk about chaning gun laws. It would seem that since our forefathers said "In God We Trust" shouldnt it then be consititionally sound to ban gay marriage? If we are a natin under god, then things like gay-marriage, abortion, the death penaty would all be against the constitution? Also, we have this whole big outcry for immigration, yet we are all decendents of immigrants outselves. We want to keep immigrants out of a country that was founded because immigrants came at settled here(of course the whole stealing it from the indians is a contradiction unto itself).

I guess my point is how can our country claim our forefathers to make the case to keep guns legal, but then denounce our forefathers to take God out of all legal concerns in a counrty that is founded on a regilious democracy of belief? Does that not seem insanely contradictory? It doesnt matter what ur specific belief on any of these laws is, its not the point, the point is to think about how laws are protected of changed and the contradiction to them. Proceed with the flaming.
Last edited by AsktheMilkman! at Aug 4, 2010,
Go read your Bible, churchy.

Plenty of contradictions in there to keep you busy for a while.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

It's America dude. Whatever get's them more money and power.

People aren't going to do anything about it either.
Quote by wikipedia
The motto IN GOD WE TRUST was placed on United States coins largely because of the increased religious sentiment existing during the Civil War. The motto first appeared on the 1864 two-cent coin, followed in 1866 by the 5 cent nickel (1866–1883), quarter dollar, half dollar, silver dollar and gold dollars. It did not become the official U.S. national motto until after the passage of an Act of Congress in 1956.[2][3] It is codified as federal law in the United States Code at 36 U.S.C. § 302, which provides: "'In God we trust' is the national motto."

lrn2history. Unless you think the country was formed after the civil war, our forefathers had nothing to do with "in god we trust"
The forefather's didn't put In God We Trust on money, nor did they really mention god other than pointing out how ridiculous and corrupt religion is. Also while it may seem like the US is getting away with being contradictory, people in other countries are well aware of their hypocrisy.
One likes to believe in the freedom of music

But glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Go read your Bible, churchy.

Plenty of contradictions in there to keep you busy for a while.

Thanks for completely missing the point, i was not trying to start a regilious debate, its not about religion, immigrantion and guns are not a regilious topic, thank for keying onto 1 of the 4 things i was talking about.
we've got a Prop8 thread and an only politics thread
*reported*
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I was happily agreeing with you until you put "ur" instead of "your" in your last paragraph...Way to **** up dickweed!
Political thread please.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.