I was having this discussion with a friend recently. If you're alone watching tv or on the computer say browsing the pit and you see something funny, do you laugh out loud? I rarely laugh if I'm just by myself, unless something hysterical. While on the other hand, if I'm with other people and say watching tv, I laugh at basically every joke, and if someone else laughs it usually gets me going too.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
If I find something funny, I'm not going to hold back laughing just because I'm by myself.
i giggle and im not afraid to admit it
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Occasionally, if it's extremely hilarious. Poll?

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
When I watched Leo and Satan on Youtube or the first time I fell out of my chair laughing, and I was by myself.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Im not that much of a laugher. I typically just think or say "Oh, thats pretty funny." unless it is REALLY funny.
I laugh all the time
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
yes. yesterday i read a review of a starcaster on here.

everyone needs to read it because its the funniest shit u will hear in your life
Well,yeah I guess I do laugh a bit,even if I was alone.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Yeah it takes "more funny" to make me laugh loudly alone. But when something's hysterical, how can I not? It's just the small smirks I might give when someone says something mildly humerous, I probably won't laugh alone.

But some good stand-up comedy can make me laugh my ass off anytime.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Yeah. Even when walking down the street, thinking of something funny, I look a little mental sometimes.
Yep, because my laughter is real, I rarely fake laugh. I feel sorry for you TS, laughter truly is the best medicine.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Quote by boreamor
Yeah because I don't fake laughter often.

I'm not suggesting anyone fakes laughter. From a psychological stand point or I guess maybe sociological, being around people either makes you more comfortable or at least more responsive to humour in some way. perhaps, because you have a bonding experience sharing the same emotions with other people.

Think sitcom television shows. They have studio audience laugh at every joke even if it's not hilarious or anything special. Why? To get the viewers at home more comfortable with laughing as well.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I do. It takes a little bit more for me to actually "lol" but yeah, I still do quite a bit.
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
I'm actually the opposite. I only laugh when I'm by myself. When other people are around and laugh at something, I get jealous that we found the same thing funny and hold my laughter in out of spite.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Yeah, usually laugh.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
I've thought about this before myself, so I know what you mean about laughing out loud more often when you're with friends. I don't usually laugh quite as often when I'm alone, but do on occasion when something's very funny. I find those laughs the most rewarding because I feel like they managed to make me burst out in an audible laughter while alone, which isn't an easy feat.
Quote by darkcheef
If I find something funny, I'm not going to hold back laughing just because I'm by myself.

This. Tbh, I laugh out loud more when im alone watching something than if im with someone else.

I laugh alot though. Even you UGers make me laugh out loud plenty.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
I do, though usually if I find something genuinely funny. I don't I laugh as much as when I'm with friends though.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Depending how funny the thing I'm watching is. If it's alright, I may let out a simple "HA", but if it's really funny, I'll laugh hard. And I agree with laughing more when I'm with people. I seem to laugh more at the fact someone else is laughing at something. Best example was when I went to Get Him to the Greek, and sat next to this big black guy, and every time he laughed, he had a big deep belly laugh, which made me laugh 5 times harder cause how awesome and funny his laugh was. Great movie BTW
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by yellowfrizbee
This. Tbh, I laugh out loud more when im alone watching something than if im with someone else.

I laugh alot though. Even you UGers make me laugh out loud plenty.

that's just because you're easy
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by MakinLattes
yes. then I laugh at myself laughing. it's an endless cycle of mirth.

This, even the phrase "an endless cycle of mirth" made me titter.

I love laughing, its actually good for your health, it is brilliant, and if i see a funny video on youtube, i usually laugh my ass off, regardless of who i am with, the only time it is a problem is when you have to be serious.

EDIT: I laugh really loud, i can't help it, some people think it sounds fake, but it rarely ever is, seriously, even people who don't know me know my laugh.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Aug 4, 2010,
Some people actually consider it abnormal to laugh when you're by yourself?

I thought it was perfectly normal.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
I don't bust a gut or anything, but i'll chuckle. Other people laughing makes me laugh so if im with people i laugh a lot more.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
It doesn't matter if I'm with people or not. If I find something funny, I laugh.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Depends, If I see something really funny I'll laugh out loud (I know, I know) if I'm on my own, but if something is fairly amusing I'll perhaps chuckle a bit.

However If I'm with people I'll tend to "laugh until I have difficulty breathing" at the things I find really funny, and laugh out loud at things I find fairly amusing. It's like my humor gains an extra level If I'm around friends.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄