cant wait till they use the real bombs instead of tests
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
But it's cool, radiation is like chocolate. The more, the better, and you won't die from it.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by damian_91
But it's cool, radiation is like chocolate. The more, the better, and you won't die from it.

i know right
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
You have to make sure they work. And the US have been doing it since 1945 - it's no great wonder that there have been so many tests. A nuclear weapon isn't the strategic weapon now that it was in 1945 (not for lack of destructive capability), yet the stigma remains thanks to the Russians and the Cold War and mutually assured destruction. Most of the world's nuclear arsenal dates back to the 60s and 70s... when 50,000 nuclear weapons was not enough!
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
How stupid. Back in the 50s-60s they tested them for fun....they still do. Makes me hate.
Holy shit, China tests one and we test like 7
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
You have to make sure they work. And the US have been doing it since 1945 - it's no great wonder that there have been so many tests. A nuclear weapon isn't the strategic weapon now that it was in 1945 (not for lack of destructive capability), yet the stigma remains thanks to the Russians and the Cold War and mutually assured destruction. Most of the world's nuclear arsenal dates back to the 60s and 70s... when 50,000 nuclear weapons was not enough!

Actually the first nuke ever detonated was "Little Boy" over Japan and the U.S. was sooo confident that they did NOT to test it at all...in a way they "tested" it over Japan. "Fat Man" on the other hand was a bit more complicated because it was an implosion type bomb, this WAS tested before dropping it, it was know as Trinity.

EDIT: Interesting sometimes you will see tests from Britain on U.S. soil!
I'm 4 1/2 minutes in and... Whai so many explosion?

EDIT: Also, why are there some UK tests on US territory?
Last edited by NOTEBOOM at Aug 4, 2010,
Thats a large amount of innocent insects they're killing with them bomb tests.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
I feel really evil for my suppressed inner monologue.

"Haha, france can't match the great Brittish might"

"Hurry up UK, France are catching up!"

"Bloody french barbarians, how the hell do those world killing bastards live with themselves!"

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
check out the documentary Trinity and Beyond. It explains tons of tests done by the US
Gibson RawPower SG 2009 (Zales)
Gibson Hummingbird 70's? (Amy)
Jet City JCA 20 Watt Combo
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by NOTEBOOM

We secretly dislike the Americans and their stereotypical ways.

IIRC, the testing of nuclear arms has been banned has it not?

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by osXtiger
We secretly dislike the Americans and their stereotypical ways.

IIRC, the testing of nuclear arms has been banned has it not?

Above-ground, I think, has been... But they still do it... Underground.

Check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underground_nuclear_testing
Just read stuff on the Tsar Bomba. Holy ****ing Shit.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Just so you guys know, it's not like they're releasing random radiation into the air. The UN made it against Geneva Convention in the Nuclear Arms Test Ban Treaty to test the bombs in open air. They used to do it in the desert of Nevada, but now they have to do it underground where the radiation is no longer a problem.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
I'd also assume the UK tests bombs in the US because the UK doesn't exactly have large unpopulated areas.
Quote by tayroar
Just so you guys know, it's not like they're releasing random radiation into the air. The UN made it against Geneva Convention in the Nuclear Arms Test Ban Treaty to test the bombs in open air. They used to do it in the desert of Nevada, but now they have to do it underground where the radiation is no longer a problem.

Hey, take that sensible post with your facts out of here. It has no place in the Pit!!

Now, let's see, oh yeah... Gah Nukes suck, Conservatives suck, America sucks, blah!

Hey, I just saved Damian a post.
It was fun watching the US - Russia (USSR) standoff from 60-63. Fun, and a little scary when you realize we were testing them to make sure they'd work when we wanted to blow each other up.

All this time we were worried about other people bombing us and we've been doing it to ourselves for 60+ years.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by tayroar

and the undergound ones are almost more fun to watch, because you get to see the ground hop
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Reminded me of the game DEFCON.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by Victory2134
It was fun watching the US - Russia (USSR) standoff from 60-63. Fun, and a little scary when you realize we were testing them to make sure they'd work when we wanted to blow each other up.

All this time we were worried about other people bombing us and we've been doing it to ourselves for 60+ years.

Just so you know, the nuclear bomb is probably the sole reason that we never had a World War 3. No one wanted to mess with that destructive power, and everyone knew what a war between nuclear powers would lead to. Believe it or not self preservation, and fear of the nuclear bomb has kept the United States out of a war with another world power since WW2. Everyone says how we should dismantle the atomic bomb without realizing the politics behind it.

If anyone does get crazy enough to launch one in modern day though, as bad as the political recoil was for the United States after Hiroshima and Nagasaki, that nation won't have an ally in the world. Everyone would help out the country that was attacked.
Quote by NOTEBOOM

I'd venture to say that since the US and UK are such palls, that since the UK has little land to spare on the motherland for nuclear testing and since they don't have the imperial reach they once did, the US let them do a little testing here and there so that the US could use that as an excuse for helping them should nuclear war break out.

Quote by LedZepFan2000
Actually the first nuke ever detonated was "Little Boy" over Japan and the U.S. was sooo confident that they did NOT to test it at all...in a way they "tested" it over Japan. "Fat Man" on the other hand was a bit more complicated because it was an implosion type bomb, this WAS tested before dropping it, it was know as Trinity.

EDIT: Interesting sometimes you will see tests from Britain on U.S. soil!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_(nuclear_test)

Try again
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by tayroar
Just so you know, the nuclear bomb is probably the sole reason that we never had a World War 3. No one wanted to mess with that destructive power, and everyone knew what a war between nuclear powers would lead to. Believe it or not self preservation, and fear of the nuclear bomb has kept the United States out of a war with another world power since WW2. Everyone says how we should dismantle the atomic bomb without realizing the politics behind it.

If anyone does get crazy enough to launch one in modern day though, as bad as the political recoil was for the United States after Hiroshima and Nagasaki, that nation won't have an ally in the world. Everyone would help out the country that was attacked.

Even every nation with the A-Bombs know that the minute their's leaves its release point there will be multiple nukes on their way back at them.
Hey!Everyone!
Come and See how good I look!

You Stay Classy, Ultimate Guitar
Nopt news to me (and I was born AFTER the Berlin wall was taken down). Cold war may not have any nukesl aunched in the name of war. But we sure blew the hsit out of this lanet. It's a small wonder that we all aren't sprouting 3rd arms or dying from cancer at 10. People think Chernobyll was bad...look at all these A and H bomb tests...
Have a good one,
Phoenix