Page 1 of 2
I'm personally disappointed with Rockband 3. The keyboard was not needed. Sure, you can play songs like I Won't See You Tonight Pt.1. Which is cool but they'll try and pin it to every song. There are so mant epic songs that are great but will never be used. I'm also disappointed w/ the song list so far. Its ROCKband. Not POPband. At least guitar heros honest and made a spin off Band Hero. Thats my own opinion.
Cool story bro...............................................*facepalm*
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Who cares again?

Blog much?

Searchbar?

Coo story bro?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by --ESTRANGED--
Real Instruments > Plastic Instruments

plastic instruments>real instruments
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
The setlist isnt that great so far, but there are more songs yet to be revealed and not every song will have keyboard/piano charts. Also RB3 teaches you how to play real guitar.
With the new rockband you can play actual guitar though... Pro mode expert lol, cept you'll have to buy a $300 "controller" which is basically a Squier with midi and pressure sensitive frets. Or you could get the shitty madcatz one that has 102 buttons and hella- loose strings.
Quote by Murny
Its ROCKband. Not POPband.

Are you trying to say that rock bands don't use keyboards?

Because I can name loads of them off of the top of my head.
Have you actually PLAYED the game yet? I am usually not disappointed until I try something first hand.

Until then the best that I can tell you is "thats rough, buddy".

Besides just because it has keyboard doesn't mean that its going to be in every song. They have songs in the game that lack vocals or drums.
Quote by crazy8rgood
Are you trying to say that rock bands don't use keyboards?

Because I can name loads of them off of the top of my head.

Preeeeetty sure he's just saying that there's too many pop songs.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by NOTEBOOM
With the new rockband you can play actual guitar though... Pro mode expert lol, cept you'll have to buy a $300 "controller" which is basically a Squier with midi and pressure sensitive frets. Or you could get the shitty madcatz one that has 102 buttons and hella- loose strings.

They havent announced the price for the real guitar, i doubt it will be that much.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Preeeeetty sure he's just saying that there's too many pop songs.

I don't know what the tracklist is, so maybe that's what he's talking about.
Quote by --ESTRANGED--
Real Instruments > Plastic Instruments

You know all of the instruments this time around are even closer to the real thing, right? Like, the guitar is a MIDI controller shaped like a Mustang that has six buttons on every single fret, as well as six strings you pick or strum. And then there's the actual guitar that you can use as well. It's a Squier Strat with special pickups and a special fretboard.
Quote by Holy Katana
You know all of the instruments this time around are even closer to the real thing, right? Like, the guitar is a MIDI controller shaped like a Mustang that has six buttons on every single fret, as well as six strings you pick or strum. And then there's the actual guitar that you can use as well. It's a Squier Strat with special pickups and a special fretboard.

Doesn't make a difference. Rock band/guitar hero= the auto-tune of instruments.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Quote by Togaskater4life

Oh, just fuck off right now if you're going to be an ass about it. They actually have tutorials for the songs and stuff. Like, they actually teach you to play the songs if you're playing on Expert. I can see this being both a fun game and a learning tool.
Quote by Holy Katana
Oh, just fuck off right now if you're going to be an ass about it. They actually have tutorials for the songs and stuff. Like, they actually teach you to play the songs if you're playing on Expert. I can see this being both a fun game and a learning tool.

I didn't have any tone and my statement lacked profanity, hence I am not the ass. And fun? Sure. Learning tool? No. That's like someone buying a mac so they can learn about programming computers.
Quote by Murny
I'm personally disappointed with Rockband 3. The keyboard was not needed. Sure, you can play songs like I Won't See You Tonight Pt.1. Which is cool but they'll try and pin it to every song. There are so mant epic songs that are great but will never be used. I'm also disappointed w/ the song list so far. Its ROCKband. Not POPband. At least guitar heros honest and made a spin off Band Hero. Thats my own opinion.

It's a POPular game designed to appeal to Popular music lovers, did you really expect more out of them?

Guitar hero will be next, just you wait.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by Togaskater4life

Last I checked Auto-Tune works on instruments too, so I'm not sure what you're point was there. Also you can't write music using Rock Band/Guitar Hero.

Basically, your post is stupid.
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Last I checked Auto-Tune works on instruments too, so I'm not sure what you're point was there. Also you can't write music using Rock Band/Guitar Hero.

Basically, your post is stupid.

Yes you can, they have something similar to guitar pro.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
Yes you can, they have something similar to guitar pro.

Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Togaskater4life
I didn't have any tone and my statement lacked profanity, hence I am not the ass. And fun? Sure. Learning tool? No. That's like someone buying a mac so they can learn about programming computers.

Quote by Holy Katana

He got you there...

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I am looking forward to it, it will be fun .

EDIT:

Quote by devilskommander
Rockband 3 Track list:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151624

Personally, I think it's amazing.

That's just a wishlist setlist . It was made ages ago. There is only a few songs announced so far, they should be on the Wikipedia page and if there is only 5-10 songs on there, that's the right one.
This will start a RIOT! in me
Last edited by Paramore. at Aug 4, 2010,
I'm just saying that it was coo and when you look at the original they had funner (more fun?) songs. Same with the first 3 guitar hero games. BTW dont hate I like to play video games sometimes
People getting angry over a video game=pathetic but entertaining. Who cares what songs are on it, you can add in any song your heart desires.
The Rock Band 3 setlist so far

"The Beautiful People" Marilyn Manson

"Been Caught Stealing" Jane's Addiction

"Bohemian Rhapsody" Queen

"Break On Through (To the Other Side)" The Doors

"Cold as Ice" Foreigner

"Combat Baby" Metric

"Crazy Train" Ozzy Osbourne

"Crosstown Traffic" The Jimi Hendrix Experience

"Dead End Friends" Them Crooked Vultures

"Everybody Wants to Rule the World" Tears for Fears

"Foolin'" Def Leppard

"Get Free" The Vines

"Here I Go Again" Whitesnake

"Hey Man, Nice Shot" Filter

"I Love Rock 'n' Roll" Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

"In the Meantime" Spacehog

"Just Like Heaven" The Cure

"Lasso" Phoenix

"Me Enamora" Juanes

"Oh My God" Ida Maria

"Plush" Stone Temple Pilots

"Portions for Foxes" Rilo Kiley

"Rainbow in the Dark" Dio

"Rock Lobster" The B-52s

"Roundabout" Yes

"Sister Christian" Night Ranger

"The Hardest Button to Button" The White Stripes

"The Power of Love" Huey Lewis and the News

"Walkin' on the Sun" Smash Mouth
They desperately need some Joy Division on there. Now that they have keys, they can at least put "Love Will Tear Us Apart" on there, even though that's nowhere near my favorite.
Quote by Paramore.
I am looking forward to it, it will be fun .

EDIT:

That's just a wishlist setlist . It was made ages ago. There is only a few songs announced so far, they should be on the Wikipedia page and if there is only 5-10 songs on there, that's the right one.

Really?

Well I feel like an idiot.
h'wat
I cannot fit into your skin.
Tears For Fears?

<3 I am a happy person.

I am honestly surprised that they don't have The Smiths in any of these games though.
Page 1 of 2