This sometimes happens to me. For example, on a very odd occasion (maybe once a week or so) I realise I can hear the internet "click" (when you click to a new page) it only happens once but it is still there... it's weird and my speakers are turned off at the time. This has happened since as long as I can remember!

Does anybody else ever experience this?
This will start a RIOT! in me
There's a really small speaker IN the computer, can't remember what it's called, that makes noises every now and then for reasons I don't remember.

Maybe it's that.

I also might have no idea what I'm talking about, but I remember learning about that last year in IT class.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Aug 4, 2010,
You high man?

In all seriousness though, If I have headphones on, I can hear the mouse move and click.

Why?
Probably because my computers sound card is "built in" and thinks it's a good idea to screw with me like that.

Only happens on wired peripherals and hot wireless ones though...

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Last edited by osXtiger at Aug 4, 2010,
Quote by Togaskater4life
It's the computer not the speakers.

No it's not. I only ever (besides the point) hear it when my speakers are turned on. I only have my speakers turned on when listening to music or watching something...

Quote by robhc
You sure it just wasn't your mouse?

nah, I'd know if it was. It definately comes from in front of me (like out of the speakers or something)
Might be from staying on the computer a lot.

I once left the computer in my room on the pause screen of GTA IV for about a week (never got around to turning it off), even slept with it on. That music was in my head for about three days, I would randomly hear it everywhere I went. Almost drove me crazy.
There's a built in speaker so you hear things. Press shift 5 times really fast and have your speakers off, there you go. (unless you have stickykeys off)

EDIT: I just tried it with my speakers off and it didn't play a sound.

You're probably just crazy.
Last edited by NOTEBOOM at Aug 4, 2010,
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Might be from staying on the computer a lot.

I once left the computer in my room on the pause screen of GTA IV for about a week (never got around to turning it off), even slept with it on. That music was in my head for about three days, I would randomly hear it everywhere I went. Almost drove me crazy.

Wow, a week? . You do mean PC right?

and did you turn the speaker off or something or listened to it all day?
Quote by crazy8rgood
There's a really small speaker IN the computer, can't remember what it's called, that makes noises every now and then for reasons I don't remember.

Quote by NOTEBOOM
There's a built in speaker so you hear things. Press shift 5 times really fast and have your speakers off, there you go. (unless you have stickykeys off)

Very unlikely, the internal speaker is really really basic, it usually only does things like the POST beep and some really severe error stuff.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Sometimes I hear computer noises when I am laying down in a completely different room with the computer off.

I assume its because I am on it way too much.
Uhm, yes it is your computer itself. I don't even have speakers atm and it makes noised. Unplug them and keep hitting shift.

But, you listen to paramore, so you must be tone deaf. Maybe it iss just all in your head
Last edited by Togaskater4life at Aug 4, 2010,
Quote by Paramore.
Wow, a week? . You do mean PC right?

and did you turn the speaker off or something or listened to it all day?

Yeah, GTA IV for PC. Someone else had played it that day, I haven't touched that computer in a long time.

I pretty much go to my room only to sleep, and I just turned the monitor off when I laid down. The volume was kinda low, so it was a real subliminal relaxing thing. That is, until it got stuck in my head.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Aug 4, 2010,
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Very unlikely, the internal speaker is really really basic, it usually only does things like the POST beep and some really severe error stuff.

Ah yeah, that beep... I get that on Cubase sometimes. I think I have some setting too high.

Quote by Togaskater4life
But, you listen to paramore, so you must be tone deaf. Maybe it iss just all in your head

Hey...

Once after a San Andreas binge I was in Cork City and there was some purple graffiti on a wall, I immediately reached for my can of green face paint.

I was heavily into Star Wars Galaxies at one point. It got to the point where I swear I heard TIE Fighters pass me over head.
Yeah. I have a Mac, and I ALWAYS have the volume down, but when it turns on, it make a noise.
cig