Hey, I'm just wondering if you guys know how much extra one usually pays for electronics in an acoustic electric as opposed to a normal acoustic. So if you guys could shed some light on it, that would be sweet.
Quote by jfreyvogel
This kid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdkzgUIWXBY > Greenday and Paramore

espChris93 wrote:
The connection between a catholic church and Slayer seems more likely anyway, they're both filled with hypocrites and have blind followers.
Quote by CobainReborn
Hey, I'm just wondering if you guys know how much extra one usually pays for electronics in an acoustic electric as opposed to a normal acoustic. So if you guys could shed some light on it, that would be sweet.

It shouldn't be that big of a difference in price for the added electonics in an acoustic electric. I'm sure someone can answer your questions on here better than I can.
I've seen it be about $150+ depending on the electronics that are installed. A thing to remember is that you're also paying for a cutaway, which cost extra as well. A good portion of the time you get electronics you also get a cutaway, though there are occasions that isn't the case.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
Quote by iband48
I've seen it be about $150+ depending on the electronics that are installed. A thing to remember is that you're also paying for a cutaway, which cost extra as well. A good portion of the time you get electronics you also get a cutaway, though there are occasions that isn't the case.

Are you sure its 150 extra just for electronics? I thought you were only paying like 50 more for electronics.
seagull entourage dread - no electronics - $319
seagull entourage dread QI - same guitar with electronics - $439

taylor 114 - grand auditorium - $649.00
taylor 114-e - same guitar with electronics - $749

martin d1 - their bottom of the line all solid dread - $899
martin d1-e - same guitar but with electronics - $999

on the other hand, electronics built into a guitar aren't always the best sound. many prefer to buy an aftermarket pickup like the k&k pure western mini, which is probably one of the most popular ones at $86 plus the cost of installation:
http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdetail/174

although the samples i've heard lead me to prefer the k&k powerblend trinity, which has a mic and a pickup. it sounds awesome, but of course it costs more at around $376 http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdetail/8163

lr baggs is another very popular brand, offering various electronics from around $89 on up.

and there are plenty of others from around $100 to $300 or so from brands like martin, fishman, dtar and others.

keep in mind that in most cases, getting onboard controls costs extra and means cutting a hole in your guitar. an option would be to get an equalizer between the guitar and the amp/board.

Quote by thatdude0223
Are you sure its 150 extra just for electronics? I thought you were only paying like 50 more for electronics.
If you guys ever heard Gillian Welch and David Rawlings live, they both play into regular SM57 microphones, and they sound amazing to me. They actually convinced me that one doesn't need any of those fancy electronics and pickups and stuff, just a good sounding acoustic and lots of talent.
electronics don't have to be fancy at all.

the thing about mic'ing your guitar is getting the angle right takes time, and different rooms require different angles. you can get a lot of feedback with mics, and anyway - gillian welch and david rawlings are professionally recorded and engineered, so what you hear isn't just their guitars and a couple sm57's, it's a professional engineer making them sound as good as possible after they're recorded in an optimal setting.

you can't beat the convenience of onboard electronics. i don't always want to carry around a mic stand, chord and mic.

Quote by Flower83
If you guys ever heard Gillian Welch and David Rawlings live, they both play into regular SM57 microphones, and they sound amazing to me. They actually convinced me that one doesn't need any of those fancy electronics and pickups and stuff, just a good sounding acoustic and lots of talent.
I own an acoustic/electric. The truth is, a 300 dollar plain acoustic guitar will be higher quality than a 300 dollar acoustic/electric. This is because you have to spend money on the electronics too, and all the money isn't neccicarily going into things like wood, tuners, ect. That being said, acoustic/electric guitars are great, if you find a good one! They really suit me, because i gig alot. For a regular acoustic, if you want to perform in front of a large audience, in a large room, you will need a mic. A good price range to look at when choosing an acoustic/electric is no less than 300 bucks. That should get you something decent .
Happy Playing!
Brandon-Richard
this is the absolute lowest acoustic electric i would buy, as it has a solid top and yamaha makes a very good quality guitar at that price range.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-FG-Series-FGX720SCA-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=513387

for $500 one could get the yamaha fgx730sc or the seagull entourage s6 Q1, but at that point one might as well go up a bill and get an all solid epiphone masterbilt DR-500MCE.

me, i'd rather get a guild or blueridge all solid guitar and add the electronics afterward. one can always use a soundhole pickup or mic for a little bit if they can't afford a k&k plus installation right away.
Ah, okay, thanks guys. I'm not planning on buying another acoustic/electric, possibly ever xD it's just good to know how much more I'm getting into the quality of my acoustic rather than into the electronics. Catch my drift?
Quote by jfreyvogel
This kid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdkzgUIWXBY > Greenday and Paramore

espChris93 wrote:
The connection between a catholic church and Slayer seems more likely anyway, they're both filled with hypocrites and have blind followers.