107 39%
Turn off
26 9%
Indifferent
144 52%
Voters: 277.
Page 1 of 4
Question for you pitters:

When a girl is better than you at something, is it attractive? Should she lose on purpose to not bruise your ego? Would you be frustrated? Would you like her more for it?

I was just at a pub with friends and they knew the owner and the bartender. At some point I ended up playing pool with the bartender. I used to be good years ago but haven't played for a while and he was really good but I won.

Later on that night he called me for a rematch which I won again. He said we should play a deciding game in which I beat him again. I wasn't trying too hard (And was rather drunk as well) but beat his ass 3 times.

He was rather nice about it and invited me to come back and play a tournament, and also said he thinks it's sexy when girls are better than him. But I still wonder.

What do you think?
This is not a pipe
Quote by Carmel
When a girl is better than you at something, is it attractive?

Depends on what.
Quote by Carmel
Should she lose on purpose to not bruise your ego?

No.
Quote by Carmel
Would you like her more for it?

No.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by GibsonGuru311
if they blow me out of the water in guitar, then my ego is shot and i wouldn't like it. but other than that, i love it =D

This
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
I like girls who aren't afraid to be themselves, which would include not faking being worse at something than me to make me feel superior or for any other reason. So, turn on I guess.

EDIT: Well, unless it was something like growing facial hair, or being muscular. That would suck

*Cheers for sorting out that warning by the way
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Last edited by asator at Aug 4, 2010,
It depends. If I'm good at the sport (or activity w.e) and she is a lot better than me it wouldn't be a turn off, but I may get frustrated and not want to do that with the person, which I guess kind of leads to a turn off.
If I'm terrible at it and she is better I wouldn't even think about it. Neither a turn off or turn on.
I find the above questions sexist in both directions.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Never really thought about it Carmel. I guess it doesn't bother me.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
It depends on what she's better than me at.

And girls shouldn't fake anything.

Honest bishes ftw.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
A girl who's better than me at something is an interesting girl. Most girls I meet are (I'm sorry to say) fairly useless at just about anything except being able to put on mass amounts of make up and plastering on fake tan.
So when I encounter a girl that's skilled at something it makes her instantly interesting and attractive to me.

There's nothing like a bit o' competition to liven people up!

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
doesn't bother me. if she's better than you, you can learn from them, means spending more time with them. finding out what shes about. if shes cool or whatever.

so in a way its a turn on. makes things happen
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I find the above questions sexist in both directions.

Why is it sexist? I'm asking the guys what they personally think about their partner being better than them at something. I would ask girls about guys as well, but I'm a girl and know what my answer would be, hence I'm asking guys.

You can take it as "if your partner is better than you", if you wish.
This is not a pipe
depends on what it is. if its something involving a lot of physical strength, then i probably wouldnt like it as much.

but if a chick could school me on guitar, then yeah, thats pretty sexy.
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by osXtiger
A girl who's better than me at something is an interesting girl. Most girls I meet are (I'm sorry to say) fairly useless at just about anything except being able to put on mass amounts of make up and plastering on fake tan.
So when I encounter a girl that's skilled at something it makes her instantly interesting and attractive to me.

There's nothing like a bit o' competition to liven people up!

Do you not know many girls or something?
My name is Danny. Call me that.
I wouldn't be too pleased if a girl could lift heavier things than me, but otherwise I think it's pretty attractive. Skills are attractive.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
I always wondered about this too, and as a girl I just like people who are talented. Compassion and skill are attractive
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

When anyone of any sex completely thrashes another person, like beats them 7-0 at football/soccer, then bad feelings can be had on both sides. If it's a close contest though - like maybe your games of pool were close, even though you won all three of them - then it's easier to view it as a fun competition than someone just beating you over the head with how awesome they are and how shite you are.

When the people are of different gender, then sure, that can complicate bad feelings.
Last edited by blue_strat at Aug 4, 2010,
Loads of girls are better at a lot of things than I am, however I only show interest in the ones trying to show off to me.

Although few in number...and I mean very few in number..There are still some who do. Upon which, I make it my task to talk with them, understand them..Then crush them.

Such as my friend Katherine, she is much better scaring the living hell out of me at work. So, I built a box. Put it underneath where she signs in for work, hopped into the box and then popped out, scaring the living piss out of her.

I have won this round, and now she makes up rumours about me having a very large girlfriend. -__-

But to answer your question without distraction, I am attracted to women who are better than me, but more so attracted to women who know when they've beaten me, accept it, and just rub it in my face.

I find it funny and I like the personality. I don't think women should lose just to make us guys feel better though.
Yes, definitely. If I met a girl better than me at guitar (or who just plays guitar in general) I would probably want to bone them Singing is an even bigger turn on for me.
Last edited by Dregen at Aug 4, 2010,
It's a turn on when your partner is skilled in ways that you are not.
EDIT: Could be a bit crappy if it's one way traffic and you suck at everything, but that's not too likely.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Last edited by bodyheatseeker at Aug 4, 2010,
It doesn't really matter to me. Unless, it's something that's really physical.
cig
Quote by asator
Do you not know many girls or something?

Somewhere in the region of 25-30.

I'm probably not looking in the right places to be honest...

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
If a girl is better at something than me, that it is neither a turn off or on. It's just, whatever. The only "turn offs" I really have outside of views on certain things and looks are lack of intelligence and piss poor grammar.
Last edited by Togaskater4life at Aug 4, 2010,
I kinda agree with him. It depends tho.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by Carmel
Why is it sexist? I'm asking the guys what they personally think about their partner being better than them at something. I would ask girls about guys as well, but I'm a girl and know what my answer would be, hence I'm asking guys.

You can take it as "if your partner is better than you", if you wish.

Forgive me; I was mainly trying to be provocative. I don't really find it particularly sexist.

To answer the question: I'm impressed when anyone is skilled at something; it doesn't bruise my ego, and I don't find it a particular turn on, but I don't find it a turn off either.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
I once met a cheerleader back in high school who I thought was really hot so I started talking to her. I later found out she plays guitar(which was weird cause she looks more of like a party girl) and was really good at it too. We made sweet love and she moved all the way to Missouri before senior year...sucks for me(she also became a lesbian later on)

To answer your question, yes I think it's cool BUT not to the point where they brag about it and rub it on your face unless they're just joking around.
It really depends on the thing she's better than me at. I'm a writer and like to think of myself as a good writer, and I always get jealous when someone comes up with something that I know that I would never have come up with. I don't think it's that a girl came up with it though, because I feel the same way when a guy does it. It just happens more often when my girlfriend does it than any guy I know, but I know that it's childish, so I try to ignore the jealousy, or hold it in, and I try to be rational.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
well when they're better at me in sex, i'm glad to lay back and learn a few things

not that it's ever happened... *shifty eyes*
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by diofan88
well when they're better at me in sex, i'm glad to lay back and learn a few things

not that it's ever happened... *shifty eyes*

could that be because you haven't had sex.....
i'm Ginger its fun
I wouldn't exactly like it if a girl rubbed in my face that she was better than me at something, but I would just find attractive that she would be willing to compete with me in things like that.

She shouldn't lose on purpose either. Although I have no ego to bruise, i would still not like it if she lost on purpose, because that's not who she really is.

Except Paintball. All bets are off in Paintball :P

Also, you need an "indifferent" choice on your poll.
Gear:
Peavey Millennium 4 BXP
Peavey TNT 115
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Blackstar Ht-1R
Quote by Sparky-MMA
could that be because you haven't had sex.....

*insert crudely worded joke about the 6 women I've slept with*
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
I find it extremely sexy at times, and irritating when they brag about it.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

If I won at everything with a girl it wouldn't be any fun. There's nothing better than a challenge.
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
Page 1 of 4