Traded it.
I'll wait for the hate to rain down, but before you say anything.
I got a Fender P-Bass. I can honestly say I love this thing a lot more than the Warwick.
So much more, I took pictures with it.

Note: they're a little on the rainbow side.

I can play much fast, she has a much more comfortable neck. Nice light weight, curvy body. Sounds great just messing around unplugged and INSANE plugged in.
This is my baby. Her name is Ginger. =]

EDIT: Ignore the posters in the back. Those are from Middle School. I need to take them down.

EDIT 2:
Just so people stop asking. She's a made in Mexico. I got the Warwick for $500 and I wouldn't sell it for anything higher than that, not the kind of person I am. I love this bass whether she's MIM, MIJ, or MIA. I don't care. She plays like a dream.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
Last edited by Nolanrox at Aug 4, 2010,
HNBD...again!

That best be an MIA though....
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Enjoy your new bass, and you got yourself a great deal there (presuming it's an MIA, or an MIJ).

The first thing you want to do with it however, is replace that awful looking scratchplate with a red tortoise shell one.

Dark coloured Fender P-basses always look really tacky in my opinion with the white scratch plates. And tortoise shell is just amazing anyway.

In fact, though I generally adore Fenders, I can't think of any bass that looks much more tacky than the Fender precision in black, with the rosewood fretboard and the white scratchplate.

All personal taste though I suppose.

Sunburst, rosewood, and red tortoise shell P-basses are a great classic look anyway.
It's an MIM.
70's. (From what the dude said. He said he's had it for ages.)
Pretty sure.
It has aged knobs. =\
I dunno, but, I love her to death.
I was playing her ALL day.
Unlike the Warwick which sat on the stand for 2 days. =P
Her name is Ginger. =]
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Last edited by Nolanrox at Aug 4, 2010,
interesting photos... Fender did the first solid body electric bass (the P) in 1951 (so it predates the Tele even) and it's been the benchmark ever since. People might prefer Stingrays or Rics, but I reckon Ps are pretty nice and have been for almost 60 years.

They were called Precision, because they had frets! (as opposed to a fretless bass)
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by Ziphoblat
Enjoy your new bass, and you got yourself a great deal there (presuming it's an MIA, or an MIJ).

The first thing you want to do with it however, is replace that awful looking scratchplate with a red tortoise shell one.

Dark coloured Fender P-basses always look really tacky in my opinion with the white scratch plates. And tortoise shell is just amazing anyway.

In fact, though I generally adore Fenders, I can't think of any bass that looks much more tacky than the Fender precision in black, with the rosewood fretboard and the white scratchplate.

All personal taste though I suppose.

Sunburst, rosewood, and red tortoise shell P-basses are a great classic look anyway.

I'm doing that really soon actually. I have the money for it. I might do it this weekend.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
nice p bass. i've been trying to sell my MIA p bass for $600 for a while now. i haven't seen that finish on an american p bass in a while if it is an american.

edit:nice skinny jeans bro. you know what skinny jeans and a cheap hotel have in common? no ballroom. BA-DUM-CHHH
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by funkbass369 at Aug 4, 2010,
Wow....................>='(
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Quote by Nolanrox
It's an MIM.
70's. (From what the dude said. He said he's had it for ages.)
Pretty sure.
It has aged knobs. =\
I dunno, but, I love her to death.
I was playing her ALL day.
Unlike the Warwick which sat on the stand for 2 days. =P
Her name is Ginger. =]

You should probably be able to date it from the serial number, presuming it's still visible/legible.

Nothing wrong with an MIM if it's an older one. Very few manufacturers produced crap back then (and that's not just limited to the world of musical instruments either). That's why a lot of these unknown brand Japanese guitars from back then are liked by people (although the Japanese always seem to make good instruments, so that might be the fact they're Japanese instruments as much as anything).

At the end of the day, if you've played it and liked it more than the Warwick, then it was always going to be a trade worth making, because only you can decide which you prefer more anyway. Plus, you can never go wrong with a P-bass (or almost all Fenders for that matter).
Quote by Ziphoblat
You should probably be able to date it from the serial number, presuming it's still visible/legible.

Nothing wrong with an MIM if it's an older one. Very few manufacturers produced crap back then (and that's not just limited to the world of musical instruments either). That's why a lot of these unknown brand Japanese guitars from back then are liked by people (although the Japanese always seem to make good instruments, so that might be the fact they're Japanese instruments as much as anything).

At the end of the day, if you've played it and liked it more than the Warwick, then it was always going to be a trade worth making, because only you can decide which you prefer more anyway. Plus, you can never go wrong with a P-bass (or almost all Fenders for that matter).

I don't know the year. But I can give you the serial number:
MN8140282
Maybe you can help a brotha out.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Quote by Nolanrox
I don't know the year. But I can give you the serial number:
MN8140282
Maybe you can help a brotha out.

its 1998 or 1999 according to the fender website.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by funkbass369
its 1998 or 1999 according to the fender website.

Yup. Just saw that too. Thanks =]
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Quote by Nolanrox
Yup. Just saw that too. Thanks =]

no problem mother****er.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by funkbass369
no problem mother****er.

Well that's a little rude! D=
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
I think I stand alone when I say: you mad, foo', you mad!

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by m4l666
I think I stand alone when I say: you mad, foo', you mad!

You're not alone :<
I. Am. Dissapoint.

But to each his own, I suppose....
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
I give this post two giant thumbs down. However if you're happy I guess that's all that matters. However I disagree with the "not that kind of person" comment. There's nothing wrong with selling/trading gear for more than you paid for it. What do you think music stores do when you trade in gear? We do live in a capitalist nation.
As long as you love it, that's all that matters. I do think you could have done much better on that trade though. Value wise, a late 90's MIM is worth about half of the Warwick, you should have been able to get an MIA or at the very least an MIJ.

Again then, if you're happy with it, none of that matters. Welcome to the wonderful world of Fender owners
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
As long as you love it, that's all that matters. I do think you could have done much better on that trade though. Value wise, a late 90's MIM is worth about half of the Warwick, you should have been able to get an MIA or at the very least an MIJ.

Again then, if you're happy with it, none of that matters. Welcome to the wonderful world of Fender owners

Haha, I'm giving Ginger an expensive make over. Switching out the bridge, the pickguard and the pick ups.
Badass II bridge, maybe a Gotoh.
Black pickguard.
And Quarter Pounder pickups.
And a strap lock =]

EDIT:
To all the people who don't think this was a good idea, I have multiple reasons why I traded it.
After all the talk about this bass, I was pretty much convinced to buy it. When I tried it out I wasn't really a big fan, but I was practically brain washed to love it. After practicing for a while, I couldn't get a good feel for it. The neck was too thick, and short. The body was insanely heavy. And with the music I play I throw my bass around a lot, and that's not easy at all with the Warwick. On Sunday I took the Warwick to band practice and my band loved it's tone, though they had been wanting me to get a Jazz bass for some time. But during practice we also practice our stage work. We have the synchronized crabcore and the weird little, raise your guitar above your head thing. So during the crabcore, the weight of the bass broke my strap and I fell forward. When doing the above the head thing, the weight of the bass made me lose control and I fell back and almost hit my head on my stack. So later that day I put up an ad on craigslist asking for a trade and immediately someone replied to it. They told me they had an MIM Sunburst P-Bass and on Monday, they brought it over, after playing a few of my bands songs on it, I quickly fell in love with it. The trade was done and I played her all day, went to school, came back, then played her 'til dinner. I don't regret trading the Warwick at all. I feel so much more comfortable playing Ginger and these upgrades are going to make her so much more fun to play. I don't think anybody on these forums would stick with a bass they're not comfortable playing.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Last edited by Nolanrox at Aug 5, 2010,
Crabcore.. seriously?

But anyway, I found my Fender P-bass had such a chunky neck - so much so, I sold it for a jazz.

Still, enjoy..
signature
Quote by Bullet-Rule
Crabcore.. seriously?

But anyway, I found my Fender P-bass had such a chunky neck - so much so, I sold it for a jazz.

Still, enjoy..

Hahaha, yes, Crabcore.
I have two bands, my Deathcore/Crabcore band.
And my Jazz group. =P
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
No-one's saying you're silly for offloading the Warwick. The umbrage is that you traded an isntrument that is:

a) discontinued
b) from Warwick's "golden" age

You could easily have sold that for $800. Minimum. Wenge neck Warwicks are highly sought after. You traded it for a bass that, new, would only have cost a few hundred. Tops. Yes, it may be from the late 90's, but being older doesn't always mean better. You got the Warwick for an absolute steal, I'll tell you that for nothing. You've probably lost about $200 in this trade, I'd say. If you sold the Warwick for anywhere near it's value, you'd have the bass, money for the upgrades you want to do, and some pocket money. That's what people are tutting about.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
No-one's saying you're silly for offloading the Warwick. The umbrage is that you traded an isntrument that is:

a) discontinued
b) from Warwick's "golden" age

You could easily have sold that for $800. Minimum. Wenge neck Warwicks are highly sought after. You traded it for a bass that, new, would only have cost a few hundred. Tops. Yes, it may be from the late 90's, but being older doesn't always mean better. You got the Warwick for an absolute steal, I'll tell you that for nothing. You've probably lost about $200 in this trade, I'd say. If you sold the Warwick for anywhere near it's value, you'd have the bass, money for the upgrades you want to do, and some pocket money. That's what people are tutting about.

Really all I can say is, "to each his own." like Powil said.
I was just in a hurry to find a bass I was comfortable playing that I just went right for it.
I know I could've gotten something better, but Ginger is a great bass and I wouldn't trade her for anything else.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Again, not saying that you shouldn't have traded the Warwick. If the Fender feels better, that's great. But because you were in a hurry, you went for a bass you weren't comfortable with in the end, and you've shot yourself in the foot financially. Surely you can see that. If you can, just take it as a lesson not to let mpatience get in the way of logic and sense.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Again, not saying that you shouldn't have traded the Warwick. If the Fender feels better, that's great. But because you were in a hurry, you went for a bass you weren't comfortable with in the end, and you've shot yourself in the foot financially. Surely you can see that. If you can, just take it as a lesson not to let mpatience get in the way of logic and sense.

Well, I was quite impatient with the Warwick. I was in such a hurry to get a new bass, I didn't really care much for the feel. Also my guitarist had kind of convinced me that tone was better than feel (A problem I have with my band, they try so hard to convince me with things that I just go for it so they shut up). Then I realized how much I do not like the Warwick, and got Ginger. Yeah, I was impatient with getting Ginger, but, I think I made a good decision. =]
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
I would of bought it for more than u sold/traded for..But o well I bought my GK.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Quote by The1bassist06
I would of bought it for more than u sold/traded for..But o well I bought my GK.

Umm...
Cool?
I really don't know how to respond to that.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
You're obviously a young guy based on the pictures. You don't need to feel the need to respond defensively to each post that addresses what you did. No one is faulting you for not liking the Warwick and going with a different bass, but we are saying you could have handled the whole thing a lot better and came out with more gear/money in the end.

I'm assuming your source of income probably comes from your parents, so maybe you don't really have a solid understanding of saving up for months or years to be able to purchase something you've wanted for a long time, which is fine. People are just trying to give you some advice
Quote by Lazarus.Bird
You're obviously a young guy based on the pictures. You don't need to feel the need to respond defensively to each post that addresses what you did. No one is faulting you for not liking the Warwick and going with a different bass, but we are saying you could have handled the whole thing a lot better and came out with more gear/money in the end.

I'm assuming your source of income probably comes from your parents, so maybe you don't really have a solid understanding of saving up for months or years to be able to purchase something you've wanted for a long time, which is fine. People are just trying to give you some advice

I'm not really getting defensive (except now I am, I don't like your assumptions mister >.>.
My source of income in not my parents. I do have a job, getting paid minimum wage, and I saved up for some time for a new bass. But I don't see what that has to do with anything. I'm just an impatient and fickle person. For a period of time I'll like something, then just, not like it.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
i guess its my turn tut at this. dont get me wrong i am a very strong P bass convert. even though mines only a squier it still is my main "go to" bass.
but in the OP (before it was edited) wasent that P bass supposed to be a 70's P bass. if so the person who traded it lied to you and ripped you off! that would have me in an uproar.

ok now thats out of the way. if you really wanna hear ginger sound her best put on some flatwounds. i use GHS stainless steel precision flats and mine sounds so much more thumpier (if thats even a word) then when i had roundwounds.

another thing about P basses is that they are more versatile then a lot of people give them credit for. for instance play with the tone knob a bit. even a quarter turn will give you a different sound. also turn your volume down a tad and youll notice you get a smoother sound. all from a P pick up.
my next bass i get will most likely be a jazz, with flats of course, but nothing sounds as good as a P bass.
Quote by Alucard817
i guess its my turn tut at this. dont get me wrong i am a very strong P bass convert. even though mines only a squier it still is my main "go to" bass.
but in the OP (before it was edited) wasent that P bass supposed to be a 70's P bass. if so the person who traded it lied to you and ripped you off! that would have me in an uproar.

ok now thats out of the way. if you really wanna hear ginger sound her best put on some flatwounds. i use GHS stainless steel precision flats and mine sounds so much more thumpier (if thats even a word) then when i had roundwounds.

another thing about P basses is that they are more versatile then a lot of people give them credit for. for instance play with the tone knob a bit. even a quarter turn will give you a different sound. also turn your volume down a tad and youll notice you get a smoother sound. all from a P pick up.
my next bass i get will most likely be a jazz, with flats of course, but nothing sounds as good as a P bass.

I'll definitely try flatwounds. I've never heard of using them in any sort of -core genre though. People say that the tone is too warm. But, I'd love to try them. =]
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/GHS-Stainless-Steel-Precision-Flatwound-Electric-Bass-Strings?sku=100575
These right?
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Quote by Nolanrox
I'll definitely try flatwounds. I've never heard of using them in any sort of -core genre though. People say that the tone is too warm. But, I'd love to try them. =]
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/GHS-Stainless-Steel-Precision-Flatwound-Electric-Bass-Strings?sku=100575
These right?

the tone on flats isnt really "warm" imo its more percussive though. flats also allow you to cut through the mix a bit better as well. musiciansfriend.com prices are way too high check out http://www.juststrings.com/
the prices there are better.

i know steve harris of iron maiden uses flats on his basses, as do many others. even if your playing a -core genre of music give them a shot.