I've been wanting some good, fresh food. Anyone have a really good, easy recipe? I'm open to whatever suggestions. I don't have a great selection of ingredients (whatever's at wal mart). Let me know what you've got and post the recipe or a link to it.
Thanks!
Meal 1:

Buy catfish
Throw seasonings on catfish
Throw catfish on grill
Wait until hot
Take off grill

Meal 2:

Buy Steak
Throw seasoning on steak
Toss steak on grill
Wait until hot
Take off grill

Meal 3:

Buy ground beef
Form ground beef into patties
Throw seasoning on patties
Throw patties on grill
Wait until hot
Take off grill
Quote by RU Experienced?
Meal 1:

Buy catfish
Throw seasonings on catfish
Throw catfish on grill
Wait until hot
Take off grill

Meal 2:

Buy Steak
Throw seasoning on steak
Toss steak on grill
Wait until hot
Take off grill

Meal 3:

Buy ground beef
Form ground beef into patties
Throw seasoning on patties
Throw patties on grill
Wait until hot
Take off grill

we should have a UG cooking/recipe thread.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Quote by rockstar mace

TURN THIS ONE INTO IT!

Nothing like good Mac.

3 TBsp butter
same amount of flour
2 cups milk
1 cup of good sharp cheddar, to taste (shredded)
Salt to taste
Pepper isn't a bad idea either
Cayenne pepper is...interesting in cheese sauce. If you wanna try it go right ahead, I thought it was good.
And pasta (Elbows work well).
Add breadcrumbs if you so desire.

Put water on to boil... hopefully you know how to make pasta. Also, (optional) preheat the oven to about 400*F.

While the water is heating, put the butter in a small saucepan and melt. Basically what you're doing is making a roux, so once the butter's melted add the flour and whisk until you can't taste raw flour in the mixture. Add the milk (I'd suggest warming it first) and whisk until the flour-butter mix are combined. Now it has to thicken. put it under medium heat for 10-15 minutes, whisking every minute or thereabouts. Once it's thick enough to come up with the whisk, add the cheese. Stir that in and add salt and other seasonings to taste. pour over pasta in a bowl or whatever and enjoy.
(OPTIONAL)
Drain the pasta, then pour it in a casserole dish or something of that ilk. pour the cheese sauce over it, and add bread crumbs. cook for 15 or until the breadcrumbs are browned and the cheese is bubbling. Take it out, eat.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Aug 4, 2010,
Butter Chicken Made By A White Man

Serves 4-6

Ing:

2.5 Cups Rice
2 Bullion Cubes (Any Flavor) (Or Saffron)
One package of Chicken Breast (5-6pcs) Or Boneless/Skinless Thighs
One Jar Of Patak's (or any brand) Butter Chicken Sauce
One Jar of Patak's (or any brand) Tiki Masala Sauce
3-4 Teaspoons of Patak's Tandoori Chicken Paste (for spice, add or subtract as needed)
35% (Whipping) cream
One Large Yellow Onion
4-6 Cloves of Garlic (add or subtract as needed)
2-3 Tblspn of Butter (not heaping too much)
Salt
Pepper

TO PREPARE (The White Way)

Prep Chicken:

Cut into thirds and put into a large bag with the Butter Chicken Sauce and Tiki Masala Sauce. Let sit for at least 20mins.

Dice up onion and garlic and saute in a deep pot with a little bit of olive oil.

Remove chicken from bag and sear both sides of all pieces in a frying pan.

Add the sauce from the bag to the Onion/Garlic pot, along with the can of peas, the butter, and the tandoori paste.

When chicken is seared add to saucepot, cover, and let cook on med/high for 20-25mins.

Near the end, add 1/4 cup of cream, stir, and let simmer for 5-10mins.

Salt/Pepper to flavour (Not entirely needed)

The sauce should be somewhat thick. If it comes out soupy just leave the pot uncovered for a few minutes and turn temp to medium/low

Make the rice about 10mins before Butter Chicken is ready (or however long it takes to cook your type of rice, I generally use basmati rice. (Add bullion cubes to rice as it starts to boil)).

Butter Chicken Made White!

EDIT: You could also chop the chicken into chunks, or shred ( \m/ ) it with a fork
Last edited by Yhdeksas at Aug 4, 2010,
make a pizza doh and spread pesto on it. then put cooked strips of bacon next. after that put a variey of cheeses on and spread them around to cover the whole thing. melt the cheese with the oven on low for a short time. then slice potatoes thin and lay them over top. cook it and have an orgasm in your mouth
I'm the best cook there is.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I really don't cook often, but I surprise myself at liking it(a bit) when I do. Specially when I'm baked.

The easiest recipes I can think of are basic noodles. Try a very basic recipe with noodles, some vegetables(garlic, onions, etc), spices and maybe a bit of soup concentrate. It's really easy to do, and if you know what you like, it will be very good.

If you don't know how to cook noodles, it's very simple. Boil water, when it's boiling, put the noodles in there. Meanwhile, cut vegetables, prepare what you're gonna need, etc. Taste some noodles, spice them while boiling. Taste from times to times, until you feel like they're ready(exactly like you want them). Dry the noodles, and incorporate your mix. Then spice up more if it needs to, as you eat it.

I'm not a very good cook, but experimenting with what you like seems to be a very safe way of cooking.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Last edited by Spike6sic6 at Aug 4, 2010,
Quote by rockstar mace

The moral is to throw shit on the grill until it gets hot and then take it off for consumption.
Spinach and ricotta cannelonni, (sp?), impresses women. It goes well with merlot apparently. Mix some spinach and ricotta up, stuff it in some tubes, shove it in the oven for a while, job done.
It gets women like you would not believe.
Steve's Fried Rice!
1. Cook the shit outta some rice.
2. Cool that shit back down in the fridge for a while. Go get some head or some shit like that so you don't get bored.
3. If you want to stick some meat in your rice, cook that shit the fuck up. Cut it up before or after you cook it, I don't give a good god damn.
4. Scramble up an egg or two or three, depending on how many mothafuckas you feedin.
5. Oil up that pan.
6. Pour the rice in that pan. Stir fry that shit mang.
7. Put some soy sauce in that bitch. I don't give a fuck how much, put however much you like to stick in your mouth in there.
8. Add the egg you scrambled earlier unless your hungry ass already ate it.
9. Add the meat to that shit.
10. Add veggies to that shit. Don't be a little bitch about em, you won't taste em and it'll make the rice look tastier.
11. Nom.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Steve's Fried Rice!
1. Cook the shit outta some rice.
2. Cool that shit back down in the fridge for a while. Go get some head or some shit like that so you don't get bored.
3. If you want to stick some meat in your rice, cook that shit the fuck up. Cut it up before or after you cook it, I don't give a good god damn.
4. Scramble up an egg or two or three, depending on how many mothafuckas you feedin.
5. Oil up that pan.
6. Pour the rice in that pan. Stir fry that shit mang.
7. Put some soy sauce in that bitch. I don't give a fuck how much, put however much you like to stick in your mouth in there.
8. Add the egg you scrambled earlier unless your hungry ass already ate it.
9. Add the meat to that shit.
10. Add veggies to that shit. Don't be a little bitch about em, you won't taste em and it'll make the rice look tastier.
11. Nom.

I lol'd.
I was gonna post some of "Joe's" recipes, but now they won't be as funny.. haha

I have this one though
Joe's Awesome Pico de Gallo with Salsa Chicken
Ingredients: chicken breasts, salsa, tomatoes, hot peppers, regular peppers, onion, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, other spices, rice.
Steps: cut the chicken into strips and cover in cumin (and other spices), grill these strips enough to where when you cook them later they'll be perfect. Make pico de gallo out of your stuff (uh, cube the tomatoes and onion and chop everything else into pieces that match your cubes. You're looking for maybe the size of a standard rolling dice). Saute your grilled chicken strips in salsa. Combine salsad chicken and pico de gallo. Serve over rice (with maybe lime and cilantro). Put lemon juice on everything.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
I was gonna post some of "Joe's" recipes, but now they won't be as funny.. haha

Sure they will.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I made these Hawaiian Calzones, a couple days ago. They were pretty good and fairly easy to make. They've got Canadian Bacon, pineapple, tomato, pepper, onion and cheese inside, almost as if you turned a Hawaiian pizza inside out. I thought they would contrast, but since there is so little pineapple, it doesn't overpower it.

The recipe calls for bread dough, but I just used pizza dough from a can, like Pillsbury.
Last edited by The Picker at Aug 5, 2010,
Quote by oneblackened
Good mac and cheese recipe

Listen to this guy, he knows what he's talking about. Although I'm always making different variations of it. Put Old Bay in the cheese sauce, cut up some chicken and a little bit of bacon, throw it in the casserole dish with the mac and cheese, bake it together. I also really like it using a mix of mozzarella, cheddar, and provolone, but that's just me. Crumbled crackers or croutons (the Caesar kind are awesome) also work in place of bread crumbs.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by rockstar mace

This one's already pretty well developed: The (Un)Official UG Recipe Thread
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Last edited by wiliscool at Aug 5, 2010,
Quote by sadSTATUE
Listen to this guy, he knows what he's talking about. Although I'm always making different variations of it. Put Old Bay in the cheese sauce, cut up some chicken and a little bit of bacon, throw it in the casserole dish with the mac and cheese, bake it together. I also really like it using a mix of mozzarella, cheddar, and provolone, but that's just me. Crumbled crackers or croutons (the Caesar kind are awesome) also work in place of bread crumbs.

I'll have to try Old Bay at some point, that sounds interesting!. I mix cheese sometimes; usually cheddar and Gouda - I REALLY like Gouda. It's strongly flavored but it's not nasty.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If I didn't cook how the heck would I survive?
Learn to stock up on the basic ingredients, have meat in freezer at all times, cook whatever comes into your head.
Inhuman evil take down!
Onion Roasted Potatoes

Get some red creamer potatos (Smaller red ones), as they usually work best.
Cut them into sixths or eighths or so.
Get some onion soup mix in a pouch.
Stick potatoes in a ziplock bag with the mix and shake it until potatoes are thoroughly covered.
Put on sheet and stick in over until the mix on the outside is browned and the potatoes are cooked through.

Enjoy. They're great with pretty much any meat, much better than regular old baked or steamed potatoes.
Quote by SlayingDragons

I lol'd.

Lol, nice sig

On topic

TS, Im no chef, but I do watch foodnetwork sometimes. All I can see is, warm up a skillet and fry the shit out of everything until it looks tasty. Thats what I do when I want fresh food
Step-by-step guide for any meal:

1. Find tortilla.
2. Find other food (can be anything).
3. Lay tortilla flat.
4. Place other food on tortilla.
5. Fold tortilla.
6. Eat.
Quote by __Pent__
Step-by-step guide for any meal:

1. Find tortilla.
2. Find other food (can be anything).
3. Lay tortilla flat.
4. Place other food on tortilla.
5. Fold tortilla.
6. Eat.

Chicken noodle soup?

That'd never work.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
i can do stir fry, spaggetti, (a million other types of pasta), gill almost anything. (best is beer-can chicken. get a can of cheep beer, drink half, and cut the top of the beer can off. put a whole chicken (the big hole ) over the can. cook till done)
and most importantly: bacon.

and im 15

thanks mom
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII