Okay, so I took my guitar in to get set up. I asked for it to be tuned one step down and have the lowest string tuned down another step. Hence:

G
D
G
C
F
A
D

I believe that is correct. Well, I am having troubles with the lowest string (the low G). It won't stay in tune and doesn't read well on the tuner. To see if it is in tune I have to play the 12th fret harmonic and even then the reading is a bit back and forth. The string seems loose. Should I have gotten a heavier gauge or something? If someone could please give me some info on this I'd really appreciate it. I am looking to become a better musician and want more knowledge! Thanks for taking the time to view my thread.
I don't know much about Ibanez 7 strings, but it could either be:
1) Your scale length is too short to give the string proper tension at that tuning, making it too loose to make an adjustment

or

2) You need a heavier gauge string. What's the gauge you've got on there at the moment?
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by Snap017
I don't know much about Ibanez 7 strings, but it could either be:
1) Your scale length is too short to give the string proper tension at that tuning, making it too loose to make an adjustment

or

2) You need a heavier gauge string. What's the gauge you've got on there at the moment?

That's what you need.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
****ing ****. **** you Long and McQuade. Argh.

When I went in I was originally looking to go from 11 gauge strings to 12's. I was told that the 12's may put too much tension on my neck on cause problems. But, the guy didn't seem terribly interested so I don't know if he was just spouting bullshit. Anyways, perhaps I will have to go back in. **** man.