Hey UG,
so im bit of an electric guitar junky, but i play a bit of acoustic and im looking to get another acoustic to replace my ibanez acoustic, ive taken a liking to the brighter punchier of sound taylor acoustics, but i really don't have the $1000+ needed to spend on one so basically im asking for info on other acoustics that, while not exactly matching a taylor, but a sound close to it within a $500 price range. thanks.
Quote by r4ster
Pedalboard wood alters the tone

To each his own

Gear-
'06 Gibson Les Paul Standard Vintage Sunburst
Bugera V22
Fulltone OCD
Dunlop Crybaby w/ Fasel
you might want to try the seagull s6 and a variety of takamines for bright, not to mention the taylor big baby. the highest end of the alvarez regent series is probably worth trying, too. also strings can make a HUGE difference when it comes to bright and the kind of bright. if you run into a guitar that isn't quite what you're looking for at the store, it might be worth buying a set of strings and having them put on.
Taylor 110

$599

wait for the 15% off discount at musiciansfriend
1. The SG stands for “solid guitar.”
Quote by patticake
you might want to try the seagull s6

Most Seagulls feature cedar tops. And I don't really think of cedar as lending a guitar a brighter, punchier sound. If anything, rather the opposite is true.

Not all Seagulls are cedar, of course. My own Seagull has a spruce top and mahogany sides/back (25th Anniversary model), and I'm very happy with it. But it isn't bright and punchy, either.
--
Michael
Quote by Marrowoflife
Taylor 110

$599

wait for the 15% off discount at musiciansfriend

yah i was looking at a taylor 110 at a local music shop. i loved the sound and i might get one of those unless theres something cheaper and better, but i've played most of the guitars in the store and the only other ones that sound good, if not better have been way out of my price range. I'd rather not buy online without trying the actual guitar
Quote by r4ster
Pedalboard wood alters the tone

To each his own

Gear-
'06 Gibson Les Paul Standard Vintage Sunburst
Bugera V22
Fulltone OCD
Dunlop Crybaby w/ Fasel