So the output jack on my guitar has been screwing up alot recently (past two days). When I plug in, it produces feedback and no sound comes out of the amp when I play. When I fidget around with the chord it makes a crackling sound and I can sometimes get it to work. I have tried loosening/tighten the nut with varying but mostly unsuccessful results. I have played through multiple cables/amps with the same problem, so its definitely a problem with the guitar. Is there any way I can fix it short of opening the guitar or getting it repaired by someone else?
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
You probably have a short in the jack. 2 minutes, learning wire colors and a soldering iron would fix it.

Of course, that means 1.) You'll have to take off the jack plate, or whatever the name for it is, so you can see the wires, then if you don't have a soldering iron, 2.) find someone that does to fix it.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Aug 5, 2010,
Ok, what would the process be?

Quote by incarnation
Ok, what would the process be?

It's almost too simple.

1.) Unscrew the jack plate.
2.) Pull it out of the guitar, being careful not to break any connections.
3.) Observe the wires on the jack. If one of them is loose, just re-solder it on. If both are off, that would be a little more difficult (By about ||<-- that much,) you'd have to find which wire is connected to which pole on the jack. But if it crackles sometimes, that probably just means one is loose.

SlayingEdit:

btw, I saw your thread in the pit, and came here just to answer it when you made the thread. >.>
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Aug 5, 2010,
Sweet thanks

Quote by SlayingDragons
It's almost too simple.

1.) Unscrew the jack plate.
2.) Pull it out of the guitar, being careful not to break any connections.
3.) Observe the wires on the jack. If one of them is loose, just re-solder it on. If both are off, that would be a little more difficult (By about ||<-- that much,) you'd have to find which wire is connected to which pole on the jack. But if it crackles sometimes, that probably just means one is loose.

+1 The above should help you find your problem.