I had taken the neck of and attempted to fit it to a cheap Strat copy, and only afterwards did I go, duh different scale. noob mistake I know.

Anyway, I've been trying to get it back to working and can't get it right. For some reason I just haven't gotten the action/intonation/whatever right. I've gotten the neck on right finally, only to have the Low E buzz out somewhere up the neck, haven't tried to put any further strings on it.

I know this also might be a possible wrong location.
Once fixed a toilet with an old trombone...
was the neck shimmed before?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Never that I'm aware of, had it a little more than three years, and it was never shimmed by me. Didn't take any out of it.
it's definitely possible the neck was shimmed. it's also possible that the neck wasn't completely seated in the neck pocket. make sure you press the neck down from the top (instead of sliding it in from the side). press down somewhat hard until it looks like it's seated and see if it's still buzzing on the low E.

you would think that the neck screws would pull the neck in if it's not seated right, but usually they just keep it where it is and make it impossible to tell if thats the problem. take them out first and try to reseat the neck.

hope some of this helps. i've realized that the neck was not all the way in the pocket a few times while assembling and working on my guitars, so thats why i think that might be it. good luck!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Hmm, i don't know about that... but it sounds like you need to take it to someone who knows what they're doing.

Now, regarding your sig - are you talking about the record or the band? You need to be more specific dude - Stills has been recording since the early sixties...
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Yea, I've took the neck on and off countless times today, my scrawny hands are killing me for it. I guess I'll keep at it tomorrow.

Seemeel- I though about that too. The amp was a Marshall he used in CSN's hayday, homeboy had the deposit slip where Stills signed for it. It belongs to Brent Johnson I think, guy plays with Bryan Lee and the Blues Power Band. Fantastic guitarist.
Quote by ndrummerc
Yea, I've took the neck on and off countless times today, my scrawny hands are killing me for it. I guess I'll keep at it tomorrow.

Seemeel- I though about that too. The amp was a Marshall he used in CSN's hayday, homeboy had the deposit slip where Stills signed for it. It belongs to Brent Johnson I think, guy plays with Bryan Lee and the Blues Power Band. Fantastic guitarist.

have you taken the neck off before today?

it might just be that it wasnt fitted properly, i read that sometimes the fender necks aren't in 100%
Lets jump in a pool

I had taken it off once a long time ago before a restring just to do it, but before today it had been off for about two and a half weeks.
Quote by ndrummerc
I had taken it off once a long time ago before a restring just to do it, but before today it had been off for about two and a half weeks.

well if you didnt adjust the neck at all do you think it may have bowed a little because the truss rod?
Lets jump in a pool

I kinda tried that, but didn't give it but about 1/8 a turn. I was starting to get upset. Guess I'll try again after some sleep.
Quote by ndrummerc
I kinda tried that, but didn't give it but about 1/8 a turn. I was starting to get upset. Guess I'll try again after some sleep.

it might just need some time to re adjust. let it sit for the night and re check in the morning.
Lets jump in a pool

Sorry but I have never set the whatever on a guitar. Care to explain what whatever is?? As for the buzz if it is not noticeable thrugh the amp and you can not adjust it out let it go.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Are you saying youve only put one string on?

If the jagstang has the same tuners as my jag (which im pretty sure it does) the tuners vibrate and buzz when theres no string wrapped around the pegs. Try strumming and holding the tuners down.