Hey guys, just wondering if any of you would have amp suggestions for me?
I'm currently playing in a deathcore band so I need a good amount of gain for that, but I want it to be able to produce a good Megadeth tone for when I feel like playing metal and such, but I don't wanna spend heaps on it either.
I play a Jackson JS32T Kelly and an Ibanez RG7321.
Im in Australia by the way, and yes I have considered the Bugera 333 and 333xl, im just after alternative opinions.
Cheers
-Jero
Used Laney VH100R or GH100L
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
What's your total, maximum budget in AUD?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
IMO, the 6262 blows the 333XL out of the water. I was a lot more impressed with the 6262. Both are great amps though.

Look for a used Recto or a 6505+ as well.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
At that price i'd look for something Marshall and maybe a boost. If you want a bugera by all means get a bugera, you have enough money, but I just couldn't be bothered with it if it ever broke. Just stroll through Ebay for something under your price range and then find out if its suitable.

EDIT: whoa when did JT become a mod?
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Quote by sammo_boi
Used Laney VH100R or GH100L

Much as I love my GH50L, I don't think it's optimal for deathcore. They do Megadeth for sure, but anything more modern... I dunno.

Quote by JayT44
IMO, the 6262 blows the 333XL out of the water. I was a lot more impressed with the 6262. Both are great amps though.

Look for a used Recto or a 6505+ as well.

+1 to this. I mean, when it comes to modern metal only, there is no question whether one should take the 6262 or 333XL, imo.
I've heard good things about the 6262 as well, just haven't been able to find one to try. Cheers for the suggestions guys