Sully Erna (Godsmack's singer) is apparently coming out with a solo album soon, and it's not going to be anything like Godsmack. More info if you want it: (http://weaponizedwisdom.blogspot.com/2010/08/godsmack-singer-set-to-release-solo.html)

I'm thinking it'll be interesting, but not an instant classic or anything. Going by that sound sample it's gonna be a lot of atmospheric, kinda ambient music plus Sully singing.

long story short I think it's gonna be rather meh, what do you guys think?
Check out my ragingly excellent music blog HERE!
Could be meh, very easily, you could very easily be quite right.
Could be interesting, tho, too, y'kno?
I think hearing his voice on a different style of music will be kinda refreshing. After a while, Godsmack's stuff all sounds kinda the same and blends into one. A friend asked me to hum the tune of Awake while listening to Realign the other day and holy shit it was difficult to do because I couldn't remember the difference between the two.
Check out my ragingly excellent music blog HERE!
Last edited by WeaponizedWisdm at Aug 5, 2010,
I think given a lot of money to make one, my album would be better.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I think his solo stuff will probably be refreshing to his fans too, itll b a good change of pace from Godsmack.. Btw his new CD is out september 14 and its entitled Avelon I think.. He has great acoustic talent, so im excited for the release!
I just downloaded Sinner's Prayer and The Departed from Avalon and they are pretty good. Different type of music. I liked them quite a bit.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper 1000
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150