im looking for a 4x12 cab to put to my amp ...

the sound that im looking to keep is a punk rock ramones style sound

the amp that i have is a 'Park G25R'

ive been looking at Marshall cabs ( park made by marshall ) and my mates been telling me to get a cab with green-backs in it
Damn man for that you can pick up a Bugera 333XL and a used cab which will slay for punk rock. If you are playing more Ramones type stuff a Laney AOR and a 2x12 cab would be great as well
Quote by jonnoo89
about $2,500.00 australian dollars

You will be able to get a second-hand Marshall TSL100 and 1960A cab for lots less than that.... you need to throw that Park amp in the bin.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!

with that you can get a decent halfstack or a real nice combo.
mojostompboxes.com
I know for a fact Johnny Ramone used Marshall amps exclusively. Pretty much any 100 Watt Marshall tube amp will work. You're on the right track with the 4x12 cab.
Quote by jslavguitar
I know for a fact Johnny Ramone used Marshall amps exclusively. Pretty much any 100 Watt Marshall tube amp will work. You're on the right track with the 4x12 cab.

Modern production Marshalls have little/nothing in common with the models the Ramones used back in the day.

I do agree that most modern Marshalls would work, but there's more to consider.

Laney, Orange, H&K, Peavey and many others offer stuff that would work well.

I'm thinking:
Laney GH or VH series.
Orange Rocker or Rockerverb.
H&K Statesman series.
Peavey Classic 50.

EDIT:
Maybe add an Engl Blackmore or Classic, if they're not out of budget or you can find a used one.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Aug 5, 2010,
It is a tragedy of epic proportions that they sullied the name Park with those amps. The original Parks were some of the best amps Jim Marshall ever made according to many. They are now rare and very pricey. It's like making a Skoda and calling it a Thunderbird.

The guys are right though for that money you could pick up a used JCM or AOR. JCM900s go for pretty good prices here and they are a great punk amp. It's what they do best (about the only thing they do do well really, but they do it extremely well)
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification