I'd like to know wherei should start to get into jazz, tips, and what artists/bands are there that could be inspirational/are influential/good to look into?
Count Bassie, George Benson, Dave Brubeck Quartet, Brian Setzer, Joshua Redman Quartet, Herbie Handcock, etc.
Are we talking jazz guitarists specifically, or jazz in general? If you mean jazz in general, then you'll have to be more specific - it can be argued that jazz has been changing since the very early 20th century... but that's another discussion.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
John Coltrane. Try Giant Steps, Blue Train and A Love Supreme.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
freddy green- best jazz guitarist

i play guitar for my high school jazz band ive had to play a lot of stuff haha
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
also check out joe pass hes talented as well
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Grant Green's early stuff is jazz and his later stuff is more acid-jazz/funk if you're into that. I think he's one of the most underrated guitar players ever. Also check out Wes Montgomery.
For guitarists definitely Wes Montgomery and Joe Pass.

I'm going to guess that you're more of a rock fan than anything else I'd suggest looking into a bit of fusion as well, it'll give you a bit more familiar ground considering a lot of fusion has some rock basis to it, I'd suggest looking into Pat Metheny, John Scofield, Guthrie Govan and Frank Gambale (the latter two being more rocky than the first two).

Also give these guys a listen (some are very obvious and probably been mentioned):

John Coltrane
Charles Mingus
Thelonious Monk
Dave Brubeck (also Paul Desmond who played with Brubeck)
Allan Holdsworth (though I can't get into his stuff...)
Larry Carlton
Dave Weckl
Joshua Redman (highly suggest this guy)

Some nice places to start in playing jazz, I'd suggest Round Midnight (Wes Montgomery and Thelonious Monk have good versions of this) and Yesterdays (a nice version by Montgomery, again.) they're fairly simple to play and aren't exactly "Giant Steps" with their chord progressions
Joe pass is the king... also Django Reinhardt... more swing, but hes awesome, Steely Dan is a great one, but theyre more jazz-rock... but theyre guitar players are all amazing.
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals