Poll: How do you pronounce it?
Poll Options
View poll results: How do you pronounce it?
eether
117 69%
eyether
53 31%
Voters: 170.
Page 1 of 2
Someone told me that "eyether" is more correct than "eether."

I say "eether" because "eyether" is just uncomfortable to say.

edit: and I say neyether because I'm used to it I guess.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Aug 5, 2010,
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Im not sure, but isn't it something that differs per country or dialect?
Eyether and neether.
Marshall MG15DFX
Line 6 Spider III
Squier Strat Standard
Ibanez RG350EX
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Signature Wah
It's a regional thing dude.

I say eye-ther, but I'm Australian.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by Will Swanson
Are you sure you don't say "oitha"?

That's only the special Australians, the ones who ride kangaroos and have their babies eaten by dingoes, and don't know about this incredible place called high school. We call them bogans, scrubbos, yobbos... such people are usually found in Queensland (1 hour and ten years behind), and some in the rough parts of Sydney or Melbourne. South Australia has a few too. The majority of us can actually speak English to a reasonable standard. Our current prime minister is NOT one of this majority... but that's another topic altogether.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Last edited by seemeel at Aug 5, 2010,
eyether, Australian. So yeah, I guess I'm just a ponce then

EDIT: ^^That. High five for EDUCATION!!!
Last edited by metalkickTM at Aug 5, 2010,
Our current prime minister is NOT one of this majority... but's that's another topic altogether.

she has the worst australian accent iv heard
Quote by metalkickTM
EDIT: ^^That. High five for EDUCATION!!!

Yeah, it's nice isn't it.

Eether, because that's how the cool kids say it, and I'm a cool kid!
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
Quote by seemeel
That's only the special Australians, the ones who ride kangaroos and have their babies eaten by dingoes, and don't know about this incredible place called high school. We call them bogans, scrubbos, yobbos... such people are usually found in Queensland (1 hour and ten years behind), and some in the rough parts of Sydney or Melbourne. South Australia has a few too. The majority of us can actually speak English to a reasonable standard. Our current prime minister is NOT one of this majority... but that's another topic altogether.

If you pronounce the "R" at the end of words, I'm am very proud of you, and you would be the best Australian speaker of English I have ever heard..
Quote by Will Swanson
If you pronounce the "R" at the end of words, I'm am very proud of you, and you would be the best Australian speaker of English I have ever heard..

Hmm, you miss the best of Australia in the US. You only get the stereotypical stuff... I'm sure if you came to Australia, you'd realise that the people who DON'T get on TV can actually speak English, generally.

Quote by vagelier
Im not sure, but isn't it something that differs per country or dialect?

Yes 'eyether' is the American and Canadian pronounciations. It's correctly pronounced 'eether' in other English-speaking countries
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
Quote by Will Swanson
If I went to Australia, I'd get eaten by a spider or something.

It's true. I never used to be an only child...
I'm from london and I tend to use both, it just depends on the context. Same way I sometime say "an" (like the a in cat) and sometimes say it more like "en".
I use both depending on where it is in the sentence and what context it is in, i don't really take much notice of it to be honest.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by mikeyknowsbette
am i the only person who says "Eva"?

As in pronouncing the 'th' as a 'v'? That's more of an accent thing. Like people who say 'fought' instead of 'thought'
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
I use "eether", but when I was in London, I used "eyethah". (Damn Londoners and omitting the R's.)

(I speak English as a second language though, and only when I was in England or in English Class.)
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Aug 5, 2010,
Page 1 of 2