Hey guys, basically I went to play my guitar through my amp but there was no sound coming through. When I turned it on there was alot of noise coming through it like a sort of wind sound but it stopped after a minute or so. I plugged my guitar directly into the amp and it worked but when I try it with my pedals I get no sound

I played a gig last friday and this is the first time i've played it since. I don't know whether its a dodgy cable or its the amp. Any suggestions is appreciated.

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Plug striaght into the amp with different cables. Test that. Then if it's still fux'd, turn it on and tap all the tubes with the eraser side of a pencil. That'll test the tubes.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by blything09
I plugged my guitar directly into the amp and it worked but when I try it with my pedals I get no sound

Try your pedals one at a time to figure out which one it is. Hopefully it just needs a new battery, otherwise may need some repair. Good news is, your amps should be fine if it worked when you plugged in without using pedals.
Quote by mishax92
Try your pedals one at a time to figure out which one it is. Hopefully it just needs a new battery, otherwise may need some repair. Good news is, your amps should be fine if it worked when you plugged in without using pedals.

+1 If everything is working fine when you plug directly into the amp, then its either a bad cable in your signal chain, or a bad pedal. Just do some trial and error and figure it out.
Quote by LaidBack
Plug striaght into the amp with different cables. Test that. Then if it's still fux'd, turn it on and tap all the tubes with the eraser side of a pencil. That'll test the tubes.

I just tried it directly with all my cables (except patch cables) and it worked fine however i noticed when the volume was 0 it worked quietly and when I turn it on its always on the clean channel on the footswich I can't find a pencil so thats gonna have to wait but i'm not sure if theres a problem with my fx loop

Quote by mishax92

The problem is I use a 1spot adaptor with a daisy chain so it can't be the batterys

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Both of the things you mentioned are perfectly normal for an amp. This is almost certainly a problem with a pedal or a patch cable.