Hi guys I'm loving my new 6505+ 112 combo, I really dig the hard-rock/metal tones I can get from it. But I want to try and get some AC/DC kinda low-mid gain tone overdrive from it instead of that modern distortion it has.

Would this be possible by using an OD on the clean channel?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Fr
Peavey 6505+ 112
Well obviously if he wants a real AC/DC mid gain growl he needs a Marshall but i'm guessing he's not starting a tribute band so close enough will be good enough

I own the 6505+ and know for a fact it can get good rock crunch on the rhythm channel especially with an EQ and an OD would definitely help
hmm why do u need EQ when 6505+ has seperate eq on both channels ?
Just explain me please .
Quote by Guitarpwner
hmm why do u need EQ when 6505+ has seperate eq on both channels ?
Just explain me please .

An equalizer pedal allows you to surpass the limits of the amp's onboard EQ, which is passive. An equalizer pedal, being active, allows you to boost and cut frequencies beyond what the amp's EQ can do. An onboard EQ can only cut frequency (i.e. 10 being the maximum of a frequency spectrum the amp can put out) whereas an active EQ can add more or subtract even more than what the amp can do.

The general benefits of this include being afforded more precise tone shaping ability as well as removing problem frequencies, and having somewhat more precise control over one's volume.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Yeah with an OD and an EQ on the rhythm channel you should be able to get some passable AD/DC tones

Good to hear and I have an EQ rack, could you recommend a pedal to me please. I've been looking at the Tube screamers as they could be used as a transparent boost on the lead channel.

Oh and while looking on ebay I came across this... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OD8-x3-Overdrive-Guitar-Pedal-Biyang-TubeScreamer-TS9-/330362632511?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item4ceb25b93f (tube screamer clone maybe) I wasn't sure about it and it seems a little too good to be true. I do like the true bypass though.
Peavey 6505+ 112
use the clean channel w/ the crunch buttom on, bass at 7, mids at 8, treble at 5 w/ a tubescreamer as a boost. should make for a cool marshall esque sound
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
Quote by mikey_360
Hi guys I'm loving my new 6505+ 112 combo, I really dig the hard-rock/metal tones I can get from it. But I want to try and get some AC/DC kinda low-mid gain tone overdrive from it instead of that modern distortion it has.

Would this be possible by using an OD on the clean channel?

Play on the Rhythm Channel with the crunch engaged, high treble and mids, low bass. Gain set to taste.

That should sound fairly ac/dc ish.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7421 (MIJ) Dimarzio SD-7/AN-7
ESP LTD EC407 (stock)
Ibanez S320 (Tone Zone/PAF Pro)
ESP LTD EC1000 (stock)
Seagull C-6 Concert Acoustic
Godin MultiAc Nylon Encore

Amps:
Peavey 6505
Peavey 6505+
Marshall DSL100
Mesa Boogie Tremoverb
Mesa Boogie 412 Rectifier Standard Cab
Randall Iso112

Pedals:
Horizon Devices Precision Overdrive
ISP Decimator
Maxon OD808
MXR Carbon Copy
Shure GLX wireless system
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus
Quote by mikey_360
Good to hear and I have an EQ rack, could you recommend a pedal to me please. I've been looking at the Tube screamers as they could be used as a transparent boost on the lead channel.

Oh and while looking on ebay I came across this... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OD8-x3-Overdrive-Guitar-Pedal-Biyang-TubeScreamer-TS9-/330362632511?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item4ceb25b93f (tube screamer clone maybe) I wasn't sure about it and it seems a little too good to be true. I do like the true bypass though.

if you want a transparent boost, stay away from Tube screamers and their clones/variants. tube screamers have a pronounced mid hump that is anything but transparent. however, this mid hump does do wonders for the 6505's naturally sccooped tone. A tubescreamer is not a bad boost, it's just not a transparent boost.

if you want a transparent boost, look into the Boss BD-2, the MXR Wylde OD, the Danelectro transparent OD, or an MXR/CAE clean boost.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
6505/51500 arent really thar scoopes. They have a big big mid range voice from like 250hz-2.2kish
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
On the Clean/crunch channel you can get a nice rock crunch
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
If you're willing to get your hands dirty, you could look into a bias mod + EL34s.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
I'll second/third/fourth the disscussion on using the Crunch/Clean channel with low bass. Just dial in your ressonance and presence control until you get an Angus-esque whine, then you should be gravy. Probably a 5-7-6 or 4-6-8 on the dials.

A good clean boost should spice up the solo quite nicely. I've used my BD-2 to do that many times on the stage.

Give it a shot.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Quote by Jonny Ryan Mac
I'll second/third/fourth the disscussion on using the Crunch/Clean channel with low bass. Just dial in your ressonance and presence control until you get an Angus-esque whine, then you should be gravy. Probably a 5-7-6 or 4-6-8 on the dials.

A good clean boost should spice up the solo quite nicely. I've used my BD-2 to do that many times on the stage.

Give it a shot.

I will do.

About the tube screamer. I just heard they work well with the 6505's and then heard that they were transparent therefore I put those two things together. I'm not bothered about the mid bump I just wanted something that could have more than just one use.

I think I might leave the pedal for the moment as boosting the lead channel would probably mean I'd need a noise gate right?
Peavey 6505+ 112
I have no problem using my ts9 with my 5150, it helps with the spiking mids and warms it up a bit on the clean channel. With the tubescreamer I can make the channels sound almost identical
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties