Hey ultimate guitar, my first thread in here for a while.

I've been trying to find info on this guitar for a while, the place where I am possibly going to be buying it from says it has EMG 81/85's in it but other places say it has EMG HZ's in it?

What's going on?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
They have one of these at my GC and it has EMG-HZ's. The V-401DX (I think that's the model) has 81/85's in it. It's the next step up from the 350 (81/85, flamed top, etc.)
What are these places?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Guitar guitar newcastle and the other one was just random internet site I can't remember which one.

They were both online though.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Aug 5, 2010,
Ah. Well I looked a little bit, and I found sites that say both, but I'm pretty sure it had HZ's.

Also, on the Guitar Guitar site, you can look at the picture of the back. It doesn't have a battery cavity, which means that the guitar definitely didn't come stock with EMG actives.

However, since it is a used guitar, there's a good chance that the EMG's are aftermarket.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Ah. Well I looked a little bit, and I found sites that say both, but I'm pretty sure it had HZ's.

Also, on the Guitar Guitar site, you can look at the picture of the back. It doesn't have a battery cavity, which means that the guitar definitely didn't come stock with EMG actives.

However, since it is a used guitar, there's a good chance that the EMG's are aftermarket.

Thanks man.

Is it a good guitar though? or am I worth saving more and getting something else?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
The picture isn't very clear, but I think it says that it's made in Korea, which is pretty good. It's an older model, so I wouldn't be that surprised if it was.

I've never played one, or any LTD V besides the cheap one I have, but considering the model number (350) I'm assuming it's pretty good, especially since it's older. The saying will always hold true: they don't make 'em like they used to.

If you like the shape, then I'd go for it. It's a good price.

If you're not familiar with the shape, find a V-50 somewhere - that'll pretty much get you in the same ballpark.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
The picture isn't very clear, but I think it says that it's made in Korea, which is pretty good. It's an older model, so I wouldn't be that surprised if it was.

I've never played one, or any LTD V besides the cheap one I have, but considering the model number (350) I'm assuming it's pretty good, especially since it's older. The saying will always hold true: they don't make 'em like they used to.

If you like the shape, then I'd go for it. It's a good price.

If you're not familiar with the shape, find a V-50 somewhere - that'll pretty much get you in the same ballpark.

Too be honest, I was selling all my gear for a valve amp and a guitar with actives. But since it doesn't have actives. (or does it) I was going to get something else.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Well, I can help you find something else, if you'd like. I'm bored and need something to do, haha. Is it safe to assume that you're looking to spend £400?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Well, I can help you find something else, if you'd like. I'm bored and need something to do, haha. Is it safe to assume that you're looking to spend £400?

Around that, but I was wanting to go second hand, the guitar guitar has a seven string schecter up and that branch is near me so I should theoretically be able to try it out.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
^ Well then you should definitely try that LTD out.

What amp are you saving up for?

And I saw this. It doesn't have actives, but this is an amazing price for this guitar. it's very good. One of the very few neck through Ibanez's. http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=px-B168LA2130

EDIT: And here's an Epi Futura that has EMG's (81/85) that you should check out, see how you feel about it. http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=08031913142418#ProductDetail

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Aug 5, 2010,
Infinity pup's. I'd have to change them.... I was hoping for a Bugera 6262. Awesome tone from those amps.

The LTD's in glasgow and for personal reason's I'm not going up to glasgow soon.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100