So i'm predominantly a metal player and I have an excellent metal distortion that has catered for my every need up until now, but i'm looking to expand the range of sounds that I can get out of my gear. That's why i'm in need of a pedal that will deliver effects such as flange, reverb, fuzz (very important that it has fuzz), phaser and if possible, delay and a bulit-in wah. I've been reading some reviews of a couple of Zoom pedals but I have zero experience of them and I suspect that they're pretty cheap and poorly made. Something older would be preferable so I can pick up a used one over eBay. I also prefer the aesthetic qualities of older equipment (pre-2000).

Thanks very much if you can suggest anything.
UG has this new wacky thing. It's called the search bar.
Quote by Demonikk
Disco break!

Quote by Julz127
Make sure you put me in your citations at the end. Or at least in your sig.
what's your budget?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by jonnowev
I have a wacky idea, it's called suck my dick.

Good luck getting anything but flaming in here now. Reported. He shouldn't have said it like that, but his suggestion of using the search bar was reasonable, and your response was completely unreasonable.

My opinion? Three minutes of research should tell you that a MFX is not going to do what you want well and you should be looking into either rack gear or individual pedals. Now stop being a prick and maybe you'll get some more answers.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
it was honestly unnecessary for unforgiven to post that in the first place, to i don't blame the TS. unforgiven is obviously a troll. Not everyone's answer can be found in the searchbar. so therefore I am reporting unforgiven. not the TS.

seeing as the TS has been a member of these forums for about 4 years more than unforgiven, i'm sure he has an idea of how to work the search bar.
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
Last edited by handbanana at Aug 5, 2010,
The phrase he put on here should literally NEVER be posted on here... Except maybe in PMs if you're really desperate.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Disregarding everyone's drama, you probably won't get what you want our of something older. Maybe a used rack unit of some sort. I'd recommend a Line 6 M9 or M13. Awesome but a bit pricy, and you will have to buy an external expression pedal for wah (which you can set to control other effects parameters as well).
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by tubetime86
The phrase he put on here should literally NEVER be posted on here... Except maybe in PMs if you're really desperate.

if it was your thread and you had a legitimate question, and some noob came in and insulted you by telling you to use the search bar, you would be pissed off to.
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Quote by handbanana
if it was your thread and you had a legitimate question, and some noob came in and insulted you by telling you to use the search bar, you would be pissed off to.

No... Its the internet, I'd think 'wow there's morons on the internet... who knew?' then move on with my day.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Multifx have advanced to the point that just about any of them will do what you want. You may want to start with a cheap one, educate yourself on it, then research a higher end one. Zoom does make some decent units. I had a G9.2tt that I recently sold. It was pretty good. If you are thinking of gigging then the footswitch reliability is a big factor.
Quote by tubetime86
No... Its the internet, I'd think 'wow there's morons on the internet... who knew?' then move on with my day.

you kind of just proved my point but okay
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
'Wow there's morons on the internet... Who knew?' *moves on*
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I recommend either the Line 6 Spider especially the Spider II, it's a whole amp plus great effects for the price of a multi effect. If that's not your thing you should look into Behringer pedals, they make some great multi effects, check out the V-amp.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Let's ignore the pathetic argument. I stuck up for myself after a jerk posted in my thread and I don't deserve any kind of punishment, simple as that.

Cheers for the reccs anyway. The Electro-Harmonix Holy Stain is looking really tempting I must say. Maybe I could combine that with a second hand Cry Baby wah.
Line 6 M9. It's fairly expensive ($300-400 new), but it's worth it. Lots of great quality sounds on it. But, as someone else said, you'll have to buy an expression pedal to fully use it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!
I just think its funny that he says he just moves on, but took his time to write 2 paragraphs about the TS.
Pot. Kettle. Black.
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Quote by tubetime86

Apparently you do, since you cared enough to tell TS he was in the wrong and you must have thought he reacted wrongly. If you didn't care you wouldn't bother to get upset that TS told some troll to **** off.
^thankyou. My work here is done
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
stop spamming, all of you. its annoying, and if it continues, im flat out banning you all. handbanana, you are pretty much the focus of it here. drop it, stop causing problems, etc.
I don't own as much gear as some on here, but I can agree that multifx probably aren't the way to go. I'd heard the EHX Holy Stain and thought it was a decent MFX because of the fuzz, reverb and tremolo built in, but I seem ot have forgotten it's lack of a volume control. As far as fuzz and wah go, I'd personally get individual pedals for those, and then for digital modulation/delay/reverb get some kind of multifx.

Individual pedals I can recommend however:

Fuzz:

D*A*M Meathead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mcz96ju12M

From what I hear, they're really pricey but dark and sludgy. I've also seen a deluxe version with tone knobs and such as well.

Devi Ever Godzilla: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaPGfUKrs_w&feature=related

Devi Ever makes a shit ton of fuzz pedals, I'd suggest looking into all of them, because each of them has different quirks and whatnot.

Malekko Barker Assmaster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNOgYX4cQUY

Made for bass, but sick on guitar. Malekko basically remade an old Maestro fuzz pedal. There's a germanium and silicon version. Check out both.

I'm not really a Wah connoisseur, but I'd check the ultimate wah thread for suggestions:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572372

I prefer single effects to MFX in general, but check out a few multifx for phaser, flanger and echoes too.