Rightnow I currently have the most cliche metal setup, a schecter and a line 6 spider. I want to give my setup a makeover and right now I'm focusing on the guitar. I want something like a les paul but not as expensive. I like how the les paul has a bit of weight to it. I play mostly metal and shred but I also like to play some other stuff like rock for fun. I really dont want to go over 800 for the guitar. Should I just keep saving up for a marshal amp instead? I know everyone on here will tell me to get rid of my line 6 but Thats going to be the last thing to go unless I somehow come up with the money for a marshal.
What Schecter do you have? Because you may just be in need of a new amp if you have a decent guitar. Regardless of what guitar you get, they are all going to sound the same through your Spider. I had a Spider and had 3 different guitars while I had it. I had a 50 dollar guitar and a 500 dollar guitar and they sounded the same.

So if you want good tone, you are going to have to get a new amp. Im sorry that it isn't what you want to hear, but its the truth.

But to help you...you want something like a LP because its heavy? If you want a heavy guitar good for metal look at ESP or some type of Explorer. Or just get a LP...
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
What Schecter do you have? Because you may just be in need of a new amp if you have a decent guitar. Regardless of what guitar you get, they are all going to sound the same through your Spider. I had a Spider and had 3 different guitars while I had it. I had a 50 dollar guitar and a 500 dollar guitar and they sounded the same.

So if you want good tone, you are going to have to get a new amp. Im sorry that it isn't what you want to hear, but its the truth.

But to help you...you want something like a LP because its heavy? If you want a heavy guitar good for metal look at ESP or some type of Explorer. Or just get a LP...

I mean heavy as in weight. I like having a bit of weight to my guitars. and LP's are too expensive. I have a schecter hellraiser deluxe.
^He took the words out of my mouth.

Point: Don't beat around the bush. After you get a nice amp, you'll never regret it or look back. You might not even want a new guitar anymore. Amps are that important.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Amp is 90% of your tone. The guitar should be changed/replaced when PLAYABILITY is the issue, not tone/sound/etc.. The amp is what needs to be replaced when TONE is the issue. If you're not happy with your sound, new amp. If your not happy with how your guitar feels, new guitar.
Quote by thatdude0223
I mean heavy as in weight. I like having a bit of weight to my guitars. and LP's are too expensive. I have a schecter hellraiser deluxe.

A LP isn't going to be much heavier than the Hellraiser. The Hellraiser is a nice guitar anyways, Mahogany body, EMG's, set neck. You need a new amp not guitar.
Last edited by Matt420740 at Aug 5, 2010,
Quote by Matt420740
A LP isn't going to be much heavier than the Hellraiser. The Hellraiser is a nice guitar anyways, Mahogany body, EMG's, set neck. You need a new amp not guitar.

except the hellraiser deluxe has a bolt on neck. but still, TS, that's a really nice guitar. the reason you don't like the sound is most likely, 99% because you're running EMG's through a spider. not fun.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by thatdude0223

Yeah I know what you meant about weight. Explorers are wicked heavy. My last Explorer was heavier than any LP Ive ever played.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!