Me and my dad want to build a guitar from a kit (I know its not going to be top quality, just doing it for fun) I was going to get one of these http://store.guitarfetish.com/hiqusopotest.html and get better pickups and a finished neck from them, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any more different looking kits, not just run of the mill tele, strat, LP, Sg, etc kits. Any that just don't look like regular guitars.
These guys do a BC Rich Mockingbird kit with a maple neck if that's what you're looking for.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
you're not going to find a whole lot, unless you get a body custom made from somewhere like warmoth and assemble it all..which is going to be much more expensive

the problem with making 'unique' kits is that..well, it's not practical for the vendor at all.

when somewhere like guitarfetish.com or diyguitarshop.com makes a guitar kit, they make it so they're able to put out lots and lots of kits at a time with minimal work, so it's pretty much like an assembly line

if you start getting into custom shapes, those companies would need to stock templates for all the different 'unique' guitars, and change their process to supply kits with different body styles on demand.
which would pretty much turn them into a company like warmoth, where you can get the body shape you want, but you also need to pay quite a bit more for it..
Woah. Wtf.
Guitarfetish changed their website.
Dunnot like.
Your not gonna get a unique guitar kit. Chances are, they've already been bought, making more than 100 people have it. Not unique. Sorry.
..I was watching my death.
Call up Ed Roman. He'll (from what he told me on the phone) do any of his guitar shapes as kits. And I've heard the Grizzly kits are half-decent as far as wood goes.
Life is about taking risks, as long as the risks aren't too risky.
^isn't Ed Roman a four letter word??? If it isn't then it should be.

Quote by james4
you're not going to find a whole lot, unless you get a body custom made from somewhere like warmoth and assemble it all..which is going to be much more expensive

the problem with making 'unique' kits is that..well, it's not practical for the vendor at all.

when somewhere like guitarfetish.com or diyguitarshop.com makes a guitar kit, they make it so they're able to put out lots and lots of kits at a time with minimal work, so it's pretty much like an assembly line

if you start getting into custom shapes, those companies would need to stock templates for all the different 'unique' guitars, and change their process to supply kits with different body styles on demand.
which would pretty much turn them into a company like warmoth, where you can get the body shape you want, but you also need to pay quite a bit more for it..

Exactly.

Although diyguitarshop is now doing an alder body jazzmaster, which is kinda unique, and one I get my lefty converted to righty strat finished I'm so gonna get one.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Aug 6, 2010,